Menu

Would like suggestions for EASY breakfast dishes(has to be transported) that will

I'm such a wimp about transporting food--I would probably plan to pick up bagels and bring a selections of cream cheese, jams, and perhaps some peanut butter or soy-nut butter. It keeps you from worrying about cold eggs or food that's been out of the refrigerator too long.

serve about 20 people. Tasty, easy and transportable are the keys, please! TIA

Breakfast casserole or 2. The one with a layer of bread and a mixture of egg, meat, and cheese poured on top. You can even chill overnight, bake in the morning and take with you. It doesn't slosh, they can dish up what they want, transports super easy.

HTH.

We used to meet with a group of folks on the weekend about once a month for breakfast. Some things we enjoyed:

crockpot breakfast casserole (think eggs, hash browns, cheese, sausage)

fruit cobbler

muffins

hard boiled eggs

cheese and bread

fresh fruit

cooked sausage kept warm in crockpot

bagels

doughnuts and pastries

ham (lunch meat of slices)

grits

macaroni and cheese (believe it or not, the kids loved it for breakfast)

sausage or ham biscuits

biscuits with various jams

variety of breads (cinnamon raisin, oatmeal, banana, pumpkin)

baked apples

quiche

various cereals (a family brought 3 different kinds and a gallon of milk)

hot oatmeal kept warm in crockpot (great with baked apples)

Baked cheese grits. Dh is driving us home from the hockey game or I would look up the recipe. I have posted a recipe before though. It should come up if you do an advanced search for grits with my name. Everyone loves it, even people who had never had a grit before. ;)

Breakfast casserole or 2. The one with a layer of bread and a mixture of egg, meat, and cheese poured on top. You can even chill overnight, bake in the morning and take with you. It doesn't slosh, they can dish up what they want, transports super easy.

HTH.

I make my breakfast casserole like this, but I substitute a can of cressent roll dough for the bread. Roll out the dough in a baking dish, then add the sausage and cheese or other ingredients, then pour beaten eggs over the top. I add salt & pepper to the egg and I used to put in a little of Half & Half but DH prefers it without, so now I stick with just egg. For me to cook something it has to be EASY, and I think this dish fits the bill. :)