Menu

Poor ds13 was so upset that his friend didn't come as he'd promised to hang out at our house today. I'm not sure quite what happened except that it involved a big fight with his parents. Ds13 had spent over an hour yesterday setting up a really neat capture the flag game with barriers for both sides to hide behind and shoot nerf guns. After spending some time depressed, he took me up on my offer for a capture the flag game.

Whew! I am out of breath and dripping sweat. We played 3 rounds. This overweight, out of shape mom won two of the games:D I won through strategy. I'd force him into shooting all his rounds at me and then would run and get his flag. Unfortunately he figured out my strategy on the last game.

Age and treachery will always win over youth and skill :-)

DS13 says: I was being nice to my old Mama (She said she was old earlier in this thread :) )

Clarification about my friend: A misunderstanding when one group wasn't quite up-to-date, or just forgot until this morning.

Here are the pictures:

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/nekonezumimaus/Nerf%20Tag/

I haven't played that since I went to camp 20 years ago. It was one of my favorite games. My kids would love it! Thanks for bringing this memory back.

Lesley

Some of my most favorite memories are playing Capture the Flag with a whole bunch of teens - in the dark - on the beach! I wish I could recreate something like that for my ds.

(As an aside, where we played it was the beach close to Sendai Japan where the tsunami hit.)

Sounds like a fun afternoon :)

I'm usually the only mom playing with my kids when we're out at the park, or even at their sports practices. It's nice to hear another mom getting out there and really giving her kid a run for his money on the field; I love those memories with my own parents, and making them with my kids. I bet your son had a great day.

Poor ds13 was so upset that his friend didn't come as he'd promised to hang out at our house today. I'm not sure quite what happened except that it involved a big fight with his parents. Ds13 had spent over an hour yesterday setting up a really neat capture the flag game with barriers for both sides to hide behind and shoot nerf guns. After spending some time depressed, he took me up on my offer for a capture the flag game.

Whew! I am out of breath and dripping sweat. We played 3 rounds. This overweight, out of shape mom won two of the games:D I won through strategy. I'd force him into shooting all his rounds at me and then would run and get his flag. Unfortunately he figured out my strategy on the last game.

Way to go! Both the winning and helping ds's day be a bit brighter!

I play laser tag with boys here. My superior strategy is that I'm a better shot than the young kids are, they've got me on speed and stamina, but not on accuracy. Oh, yeah. :001_smile:

Way to go! Both the winning and helping ds's day be a bit brighter!

I play laser tag with boys here. My superior strategy is that I'm a better shot than the young kids are, they've got me on speed and stamina, but not on accuracy. Oh, yeah. :001_smile:

Ds did say, "How did you get to be such a good shot?" He couldn't believe that I could shoot better than he could.