Menu

Went to get a Sam's Club membership tonight- $100?!?!

Was that the base membership? I belong to Costco and the base membership is $45 (or thereabouts), but there is a snazzy $100 membership that they are constantly trying to pedal.

I agree $100 for the base membership would make me seriously reconsider. I sometimes reconsider the $45 membership as it is.

Was that the base membership? I belong to Costco and the base membership is $45 (or thereabouts), but there is a snazzy $100 membership that they are constantly trying to pedal.

I agree $100 for the base membership would make me seriously reconsider. I sometimes reconsider the $45 membership as it is.

Yep, we specifically asked. Of course it comes with all sorts of perks and bonuses, but who cares? I don't need those. The base is apparently only for business owners at $35 :001_huh:

Now, I am P.O'd... I just went to Sams club online and can buy an "Advantage" membership for $40, BUT the manager at the store said it was no longer available and tried to seriously sell us (as in car salesman sell) this higher priced membership, making it sound as if it was the only one available to us :glare:

Now, I am P.O'd... I just went to Sams club online and can buy an "Advantage" membership for $40, BUT the manager at the store said it was no longer available and tried to seriously sell us (as in car salesman sell) this higher priced membership, making it sound as if it was the only one available to us

That's very low! Is Sams the only option for you? Because that would be enough to drive me to a competitor.

Do you really need Sam's? It sounds like the guy was trying to swindle you! We had a membership several years ago. I don't really miss it. In fact, they had that article recently about Target being slightly cheaper than Wal-mart now (for the first time - lol).

I've weaned myself off Wal-mart over the last year (sad, but it was hard to do)...:glare:

Now, I am P.O'd... I just went to Sams club online and can buy an "Advantage" membership for $40, BUT the manager at the store said it was no longer available and tried to seriously sell us (as in car salesman sell) this higher priced membership, making it sound as if it was the only one available to us :glare:

That would really make me reconsider the membership at all. We gave our Costco membership up a few years ago and haven't missed it.

I'd report the manager too, you might get a free membership out of it. If not, I personally found that buying Great Value brand stuff at Walmart or Market Pantry at Target were a better deal than shopping Sam's (and they're closer too). Another option is Subscribe and Save at Amazon. They've got amazing deals on pull-ups, although the tp was too expensive to make it worthwhile.