Menu

Sooooo, who is planning to attend the NE Convention?

A dear friend (you know who you are :glare:) asked me to come here and post this question. We've spoken to a couple of people who are planning to attend the NE Homeschool Convention in Valley Forge, PA. It would be fun to find out how many other WTMers are going to be there.

Oh, and one more thing.

Could y'all do me a favor and just keep this nice? I really only want to hear from people who are going or are hoping to go. If you are boycotting or something, please talk about that elsewhere. I don't want this thread to get deleted.

Please, please, please with sugar on top?

Thank you!!!! :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dear friend (you know who you are :glare:) asked me to come here and post this question. We've spoken to a couple of people who are planning to attend the NE Homeschool Convention in Valley Forge, PA. It would be fun to find out how many other WTMers are going to be there.

Oh, and one more thing.

Could y'all do me a favor and just keep this nice? I really only want to hear from people who are going or are hoping to go. If you are boycotting or something, please talk about that elsewhere. I don't want this thread to get deleted.

I don't think I will be able to keep it nice, 'cause I'm just so jealous of you guys. [insert whine] I wanna go, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna!

Anyone want to buy me a plane ticket? :tongue_smilie:

I was planning on going to Cincy, but DH's boss just told him today that he can't have the time off, and we'd have no babysitter. :glare: SO... as a consolation prize, DH is sending me to PA instead. :D Which is great, b/c I don't have to drive out there, like I would've for Cincy, and he's already reserved me a room in the convention's hotel, so that'll make things easier.

Now, if they would just put out the schedules, I'd be in 7th heaven.

Many would probably think I'm nuts if I end up not going. I'm only a 1hr/13min drive away. But, I do not like to drive. Perhaps my husband will take me. I doubt I'll go otherwise.

I'm also about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs away, in NJ near the PA border. If you're somewhat close to me, I might be able to give you a ride. :auto: (I've always wanted to use this guy)

Oh, and one more thing.

Dh and I are coming. After all this bull...I wouldn't miss it! See ya there....

Faithe

Oh, and one more thing.

I clicked on your thread just to see the little girl avatar. :D

Actually considering this one -- when is it? June?

I'm in. Would some of us like to meet at 3 Thursday? My train should get in at 2 and I think the festivities start at 4. We could meet in the bar (I'm more of a coffee drinker but I think we can be sure there is a bar) at the Radisson.

Edited by yellowperch

Great. Are you going to ENOCH too? I'm working the TOG booth and looking forward to my yearly Harold's visit. :D

Yes I'll be at ENOCH too.

We better to get to Harold's earlier though, since it seemed like we closed the place last time and they weren't thrilled with our tardiness! I'm doing the GAPS diet (no grains, no sugar) but I know I'll be able to share a plate with someone. :001_smile:

I'll also be at the CFC Conference in your area in August. I hope you are going to that!

I'm so excited that there will be so many WTM'ers there!! :D:D Nobody else I know is going... they're all killjoys. :glare: Can't wait to meet you guys!! I'm down for meeting in the Radisson for drinks... er... coffee... There seems to be a few of us, maybe we could start a social group here to discuss plans and such as the convention approaches?

I'll also be at the CFC Conference in your area in August. I hope you are going to that!

Yes, it's at my church. I think I'm just working it, my oldest who is a mentor will probably be away at college, if he ever chooses one, ds16 dropped out of ICC because of sports. I haven't decided if I will make my youngest go yet.