Menu

Quick before ma's day...best stick vacuum cleaner

My wife wants a stick vacuum cleaner to help her clean hard floors. I need to know the right brand and price to pay.

I'm a fan of Miele vacuums, so I'd go for their stick vacuum. It gets great reviews. Be forewarned that you do pay a pretty penny for Miele quality. Maybe more than you want to spend, but I thought I'd suggest it just in case.:)

I researched stick vacuums & bought one a while ago, an Electrolux Pronto. It had such great reviews for the most part, but it was worthless after the first couple runs. It was a battery operated one & the power of it was puny, the rotary brush too small to handle much hair or pieces of cereal on the kitchen floor. And this one was supposed to be better than most stick vacs. If you get one at all, I would try one that at least is not rechargeable battery powered. Personally, I use the hose attachment to my upright vac for my hard floors. It's much better than any stick vac.

HTH

Jacqui

It was a battery operated one & the power of it was puny, the rotary brush too small to handle much hair or pieces of cereal on the kitchen floor.

Ahhh....this was my fear. The hardwood area of my home will be large enough that I would need it last awhile on one charge, and I have a golden retreiver, so hair is definitely an issue. One would think that since my dc are older, cereal on the kitchen floor wouldn't be a problem, but alas, I have that, too. Thanks!