Menu

How do you organize your dd's clothes?

If you have pictures, that would be better (for me). :D

I have trouble organizing her clothes. There are so many categories:

She has a drawer unit with 4 drawers (big)

the bottom two she can reach:

bottom drawer: little cloth boxes to separate camisoles(tank tops), undies, socks, tights, shorts.

2nd to the bottom: little cloth boxes to separate: regular tank tops, house tshirts, going out tshirts, nice shirts

3rd to the bottom: pj's, skirts

the top drawer: longs sleeve shirts

In her closet: dresses (she ONLY wears dresses and skirts) except when we go to the park

on the bottom part rod are her dress-up clothes.

I have no room for pants and sweatshirts (right now they're in a hamper-pants on the left side, sweatshirts on the right)

She clearly has too much stuff.

Is there a better way? I'm sure there is. :bigear:

Just curious how you do it? she's only 3 :glare:

Um, I have a feeling my set up would make you cringe :lol:

She shares a dresser with her brother at the moment.

1 drawer has socks/undies/tights/pjs/camis

Another drawer I think has shirts and pants

And the other drawer has play dresses (some have leggings that go with it) as well as play/around the house tights (meaning: tights with holes but she enjoys still using them for 'dress-up'..with her ballerina or princess outfits)

Her closet scares me LOL She hangs up her own clothes so there's no rhyme or reason, just wherever she hangs it. However, when I do venture there I hang her dresses together on one side and her shirts/pants/skirts grouped in like manner on the other side.

She's 4, by the way.

Maybe you could use a little purging? Seasonal storage?

Do you store for seasons? We have 1 big box in the attic with our "off-season" clothes for all 3 dc. Each dd has her own 5 drawer dresser, but each is set up differently according to age. DD6 can reach them all so has undies in the top along with socks and tights, next drawer is shirts, next is skorts/shorts, next is pants and a few long sleeve shirts and the bottom drawer is pj's. DD4 has her undies in the bottom drawer along with her pj's so that she can reach them herself, but otherwise the same. They share a huge closet, each has a basket for her shoes and plenty of room for dresses, sweaters, jackets, etc. Each dc can only have 2 coats at a time in our hall closet as it is much smaller than our bedroom closets. DS3 is much easier, those boys just don't have as many choices. He has a 3 drawer dresser that holds shirts in top, shorts/pants in middle and pj's in the bottom. His closet is mostly used for his toys as he only has a few things actually hanging in there. We rotate seasons 2x/year, and also purge sizes at that time so that we're not storing clothes that don't fit anyone. HTH

Current shirts in one drawer, current pants/shorts in another drawer, anything that is good enough to wear to church hanging in the closet, socks, undies, tights and swimsuits in a drawer and jammies in the last drawer. All out of season clothes are in a box under the bed so we can still get to them on colder days. Best things we did was get her a $5 step stool so she can reach her top drawers. Scratch that, the actual best thing we did was go through all of the tons and tons of hand-me-downs and get rid of the "play clothes" (anything with stains) and the stuff she won't wear. The only clothes allowed in this house have to be warn on a regular basis.

My daughter has three drawers. The top one has socks, underwear and pajamas. The middle one has shirts. The bottom one has shorts. We swap shirts with long sleeves and shirts with short sleeves as the seasons change. And long pants and shorts at the same time.

Dresses are in the closet.

Dress up clothes are in a toy box in another room.

I have trouble organizing her clothes. There are so many categories...Is there a better way?

Well, (cough, cough)...I don't know if you can call it a "better" way, but here's what "worked" for me: Have another child. Then another. And yet another. At that point, there are enough children (and clothing) that you're forced to stop looking into their drawers and closets, thereby alleviating any concern as to lack of organization.

:lol:

Each girls has 3 drawers and half a closet. The little one has a drawer for panties and jammies, a drawer for tops and another for bottoms. I hang all of her dresses. The older has a drawer for panties, a drawer for jammies, and a drawer for whatever else she wants to put in a drawer. I hang all of her shirts, pants, skirts and dresses.

The key is that each I limit how many things they have each season. Four pants, 2 shorts, 3 skirts, 4 dresses, 6 or so shirts. It varies by the season and by what I find that they like and how fast they are growing, but I'd rather wash more often than buy more clothes.

It looks like, I need to purge! :glare: :D

The key is that each I limit how many things they have each season. Four pants, 2 shorts, 3 skirts, 4 dresses, 6 or so shirts. It varies by the season and by what I find that they like and how fast they are growing, but I'd rather wash more often than buy more clothes.

Wow, that's great. I don't know if I'll be able to do that with both grandparents sending/buying her clothes. I should get rid of half of her pants (she rarely wears 'em).

Well, (cough, cough)...I don't know if you can call it a "better" way, but here's what "worked" for me: Have another child. Then another. And yet another. At that point, there are enough children (and clothing) that you're forced to stop looking into their drawers and closets, thereby alleviating any concern as to lack of organization.

:lol:

:leaving:

My daughter has three drawers. The top one has socks, underwear and pajamas. The middle one has shirts. The bottom one has shorts. We swap shirts with long sleeves and shirts with short sleeves as the seasons change. And long pants and shorts at the same time.

Dresses are in the closet.

Dress up clothes are in a toy box in another room.

I will swap out the longs sleeves. It's getting hot around here.

Best things we did was get her a $5 step stool so she can reach her top drawers. Scratch that, the actual best thing we did was go through all of the tons and tons of hand-me-downs and get rid of the "play clothes" (anything with stains) and the stuff she won't wear. The only clothes allowed in this house have to be warn on a regular basis.

I will get her a stool and get rid of tons and tons of hand-me-downs (from a friend).

Do you store for seasons?

Now that it's getting hotter - I can start putting away the sweatshirts and the long sleeves and some sweat pants. :D

Um, I have a feeling my set up would make you cringe :lol:

She shares a dresser with her brother at the moment.

1 drawer has socks/undies/tights/pjs/camis

Another drawer I think has shirts and pants

And the other drawer has play dresses (some have leggings that go with it) as well as play/around the house tights (meaning: tights with holes but she enjoys still using them for 'dress-up'..with her ballerina or princess outfits)

Her closet scares me LOL She hangs up her own clothes so there's no rhyme or reason, just wherever she hangs it. However, when I do venture there I hang her dresses together on one side and her shirts/pants/skirts grouped in like manner on the other side.

She's 4, by the way.

Maybe you could use a little purging? Seasonal storage?

:D I will purge and I love that she hangs her clothes. My dd just throws it back into her closet or her floor. Need to work on that too. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks everyone for you help.

Since DS was big enough to dress himself he has kept his clothes in outfits -- folded and stored in a canvas hanging sweater-storage thingy that we got at Target.

Like this:

6sweater.jpg

He has a small dresser for the extras (one drawer for socks + underwear, one for shirts, one for trousers), but most of his clothes he wears every week in season.

I don't know if dresses and skirts would be too wrinkly to be kept folded, but it works great with his jeans and t-shirts. :)