Menu

Full Sized Truck, 3 carseats?

Hi everyone,

We are starting the search for a new truck and am wondering if there are any that can fit 3 carseats in the back? All three of my kids are skinny so they will be in carseats until they are in high school :lol:! We are keeping the two youngest rear-facing as long as possible. When they are too big we will forward face them in the large Britax 5 point harness carseats. My oldest is forward facing in his Britax.

We already have a minivan but need a truck that can fit all of us. It must have 4 doors, 4 wheel drive, and we would like it to get ok gas mileage. Any suggestions? We don't want to haul all 3 carseats with us to test drive trucks:001_smile:.

Thanks!

Marisa

Hi everyone,

We are starting the search for a new truck and am wondering if there are any that can fit 3 carseats in the back? All three of my kids are skinny so they will be in carseats until they are in high school :lol:!

Thanks!

Marisa

We went by the height guideline because our kids are skinny too. my youngest would still be in a full carseat at 6 1/2. Don't know if that will help at all. I would put the oldest in the middle, since they will be more likely to (ub)buckle themselves, and make it a tad easier.

WE have a Ford 150, I believe it's from 2006. It has four doors and we also have a cab on it. This really helps us have enough space when we travel long distance. We put everything we can in the back.

We got it fairly new and it has been the most trouble free vehicle we ever owned. We make around 15-16 miles per gallon on long trips=)

We have ds13 months in the back. WE put him in the middle so we can both easily reach him and I can pretty easy reach back and fasten the straps. I often just plop him and then climb in the front and fasten him. We have ds10 on one side and dd9 on the other side of him. They are both out of car seats but have plenty space. I believe you could pretty easy put three seats in the back. The seat is full sized. We did have an issue when we would put him right behind the driver, rear facing, because dh likes a lot of leg room. This was not a problem behind me, though.