Menu

Is this allergies?

Ds has been "sick" for about 2 weeks, and I have been for 1 1/2 weeks. We just aren't getting better. We have horrible sinus congestion, sore throats, mild cough, swollen lymph nodes, and his tonsils are quite large. Neither of us has a fever. Ds does have a severe pollen allergy. I've never reacted to it.

Could this be allergies? I haven't heard of allergies causing swollen glands and large tonsils. Does that sometimes happen? I'm getting desperate to see some improvement here!

DS8 was sick just like you have described, but he also ran a low grade fever for just over one week. I took him to our doctor and it turned out to be a nasty virus that is going around. :confused:

The dr told me he had seen is lasting 2-3 weeks before clearing up, and he was right. Three weeks later ds was much better.

The only thing that helped was Musinex Cough and Cold and running our cool mist humidifier. I hope they give your dc some relief. :001_smile:

Well, last year my neighbor's kid ran a high fever and had flu-like symptoms that turned out to be caused by pollen allergies.

When I was a teen I had a reaction like you describe--sick, congestion, headache, generally lousy feeling. After I'd been out of school for a few days and not getting any better mom took me to the doc. Yeah, I have pollen and dust mite allergies. So it's possible that's what you're dealing with.

In my experience with allergies and colds, allergies you tend to have consistently the same symptoms for several weeks. My colds tend to have a pattern - sore throat, then sniffles, then it ends up in my chest. Allergies I just feel like dirt for weeks on end. I have had low grade fevers witih my allergies, too.