Menu

SWB at Cincinnati convention

We've heard that talk before, as she's done it several times. It's incredibly good, but it doesn't include the MAN for people who wanted him. Sounds like something came up.

:thumbdown: Bummer! I was really looking forward to that one. I wonder if SWB's husband is not able to be at the convention.

That's what I thought too.... I know she's given the "Homeschooling 2nd time" before, so I was excited to hear from her husband and to hear a new talk. :)

Perhaps he too was uninvited? :glare:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Oh snort. Now none of that, lol.

But in that vein, apparently KH is working on putting together an alternate activity to make up for his absence. Might soften the blow or entice some people to come who would have given up otherwise. The first details are on his FB page.

I'm disappointed too. My father's recent surgery means that one of us needs to stay on the premises to help my mother care for him--she can't manage alone. Pete's going to stay on father-in-law duty so I can come.

Next year, I hope.

SWB

I hope your father continues to heal and recover and all you caretakers get the rest you need to take care of him.

I'm disappointed too. My father's recent surgery means that one of us needs to stay on the premises to help my mother care for him--she can't manage alone. Pete's going to stay on father-in-law duty so I can come.

Next year, I hope.

SWB

Oh. Well in that case, I'm very sorry I complained. :blushing: Of course he should stay in Virginia, to help care for your father. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Susan, please let your mom know how much she was missed at the Southeast convention. Truly, she was one of THE reasons why I was so excited about the convention.

And, ftr, I did enjoy your "Schooling the Second Time" talk. I relayed it just about point by point (from memory thankyouverymuch) to dh on the way home that evening. :D

Family always comes first. No need to explain that here. ;)

Lisa

Next year, I hope.

SWB

That's a good man :)

Next year, I hope.

SWB

Susan, thanks for filling us in. I'm sorry your father isn't well, and hope for a full and quick recovery!

I too hope he can make it next year - that session sounded like a great one. I'm still looking forward to hearing your other workshops!

Next year, I hope.

SWB

What a great guy. I guess we'll just have to meet him next year.

I hope your father heals quickly. :grouphug: