Menu

SL Core 1 Read Alouds...What reading level are they?

Alenee

I have SL Core 1 from years ago and am wondering what reading level the Read Alouds are. For instance, The Year of Miss Agnes, Detectives in Togas, Understood Betsy, Follow My Leader, Mr. Popper's Penguins... I am lacking in reading material for my 3rd grader who is reading at about a 6th grade level. Just to keep her reading right now, I have her reading the Read Alouds from the SL Core 1. What would you say the reading level is on these books?

I don't know but if you type in accelerated reader program on google you may find a school's reading list that has levels on it.

We are doing SL Core 1 - and I thought I'd give it to my 1st grader to read herself. NOPE. Too many bigger words in it but I would think a 6th grade level reader can sound them out just fine.

They're great books - let him/her just keep reading them. Sounds like it's going well for you.

I love SL!

I have SL Core 1 from years ago and am wondering what reading level the Read Alouds are. For instance, The Year of Miss Agnes, Detectives in Togas, Understood Betsy, Follow My Leader, Mr. Popper's Penguins... I am lacking in reading material for my 3rd grader who is reading at about a 6th grade level. Just to keep her reading right now, I have her reading the Read Alouds from the SL Core 1. What would you say the reading level is on these books?

Most of the Core 1 Read Alouds have a reading level ranging from 3rd-6th or 4th-8th.

According to the Sonlight cataloge, the reading levels are...

Charlotte's Web-4th-8th

Detective's in Togas-4th-8th

Follow My Leader-4th-8th

Greek Myths-4th-Adult

Gooney Bird Green-3rd-5th

Henry Huggins-3rd-7th

Homer Price-3rd-7th

Little Pear-3rd-6th

Mountain Born-4th-Adult

Mr. Popper's Penguins-3rd-6th

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle-3rd-6th

Understood Betsy-4th-8th