Menu

So I told dh this morning I would do all the ironing or die trying

He guessed death would result.

It is a large pile. I know many have mount wash-a--lot. I can do the wash, my problem is ironing. I don't think I've ironed in about a month or more! Probably more - there are long sleeve shirts in that pile!

I think I'll put Pride and Prejudice in and watch and iron. It's certainly long enough! But then a little 2 hour movie is probably long enough too. Maybe Lion, Witch and Wardrobe to review before Prince Caspian comes out...

Good luck Cheryl!

I admire your courage in tackling such a task! Very noble of you!!!

As for me, ironing is why we splurged and bought the LG steam washer. I have not ironed in almost 3 years now.

Hmmmm, maybe not what you wanted to hear right now. :leaving:

I purposely by clothes that do not need ironing. Dh does all the laundry now so he's responsible for all of his polos staying wrinkle-free but as long as he does it right after they're finished in the dryer, it's all good.

Good luck with that today!

I have nothing to add except my admiration. Better you than me. I hate ironing. I was quickly scanning the boards and stopped at your post. When reading fast it looked like you were tie dying. I was thinking "Wow, that must be a fun place to homeschool":rolleyes:

I iron about twice a year... I make an announcement and the family knows, it's now or wait for another 6-9 months! I have an ironing pile that I am going to do today... or tomorrow... or both! I try to buy only non-ironing items, but the boys polo shirts with collars can get crazy looking coming out of the dryer, and those wont take much time... I wont buy dress shirts for boys or men because I don't want to take care of them! I have 6 boys... I so don't have time for them to wear those types of clothes! And the boys pants with cargo pockets... ew! I have a few pairs of capris and shorts that need a quick iron job, so I will probably iron every couple of weeks for the summer - also a couple of summer dresses that will need a little touch up... I will try prevention! Doing the ironing will convince me to try prevention!

He guessed death would result.

It is a large pile. I know many have mount wash-a--lot. I can do the wash, my problem is ironing. I don't think I've ironed in about a month or more! Probably more - there are long sleeve shirts in that pile!

I think I'll put Pride and Prejudice in and watch and iron. It's certainly long enough! But then a little 2 hour movie is probably long enough too. Maybe Lion, Witch and Wardrobe to review before Prince Caspian comes out...

Throw a few things at a time in the dryer and presto wrinkles gone well most wrinkles or you can hire someone or how old are your kids.....;)

I have a huge pile of ironing - we are talking every single shirt and pants from dh's closet (and I'm not "dissing" him but he is a clothes horse). He is in a management position during the week and a pastor on the weekends so 90% of his clothes need to be ironed. I used to hire a friend to iron for a couple of hours once a week. Now we don't have the money so it is up to me - thus the reason that the pile is so big! My very very long-term solution - every night I iron something for him for the next day plus one extra thing. In about 3 months, maybe I'll get caught up!

From some of your replies, you were expecting a much bigger pile than I had. And 80% of it was mine since I wear skirts all the time. Let's see nothing for dh, ds had 2 pants and a shirt, middle dd a dress, oldest dd 3 tops. The rest was mine. It took about an hour to do it all. Of course now my back is sore.