Menu

If you have an immersion/stick blender, do you wish it was cordless? nt

The cord on mine doesn't reach the stove. I mainly use it when making soup so a cordless type would work better for me.

On the other hand, it's not too hard to move the pot of soup to the counter, and I can keep the blender in the cupboard when not in use rather than keeping it recharging and taking up counter space.

The cord on mine doesn't reach the stove. I mainly use it when making soup so a cordless type would work better for me.

On the other hand, it's not too hard to move the pot of soup to the counter, and I can keep the blender in the cupboard when not in use rather than keeping it recharging and taking up counter space.

I just move whatever it is I'm blending to the site where I've got the blender plugged in. I would not want to give over the counter space for the charging station of a cordless model.

Do I need the whisk for beating large batches of eggs, etc?

Mine comes with a whisk, small chopper, and the regular blender blade. I've been happy with these attachments and use them all, but in terms of frequency, I'd say I use the whisk the very least. I suppose that depends on your style of cooking, but I'm find using a manual whisk for most things. I do find the whisk attachment to be wonderful for making whipped cream and meringues...not that I make the latter very often. ;)

Does that help?

I really hate my current hand mixer. It's a bit bulky, and I hate wrapping up the cord every time I want to use it. Do you all not mind wrapping the cord? The models that have the best reviews are not cordless, so I guess I should just suck it up about wrapping the cord.

~J~

p.s. What do YOU want for Mother's Day?

My Braun Multiquick has a pretty decent length cord, and I like all the extra attachments. I wouldn't want to give up Turbo mode to go cordless.

Yes, I have this one too and I love it. It was so inexpensive, I use it almost daily, and it is going strong after two years. The bottom pops off easily to go in the dishwasher, so there would really be no advantage to a cordless.

Barb