Menu

Teachers Bistro! 3-21-2011

HAPPY MONDAY!

What's for lunch? Me and dh: peanut butter and zesty dill pickle sandwich. Yes, really! Kids: one wanted lunchmeat and cheese and the other wanted chicken nuggets. Sides of snap peas and yellow roma tomatoes.

How is life coordinating with your studies today? We started a unit on Japan this week. And, in looking up Japanese art in the Worldbook DVDrom discovered one of the mentioned artists also has work portrayed in one of my daughter's readers this week.

Tell me something miscellaneous about yourself.:001_huh:

Talk to me! :bigear:

:D I am exhausted. Just absolutely exhausted. We finished school, tho. :lol:

Your lunch sounds just like our lunch. Sandwiches and my son took a straw and sucked the pickle juice from the pickle jar. :glare: What is it with guys? Yuck!

lunch - salad with protein

life coordinating with studies - Ds13 is reading Corrie Ten Boom's "The Hiding Place". I got to tell him the family story of when she visited our family in Japan many many years ago before I was born, and she told my mom that my eldest sister (who was a baby) was demon possessed because she crawled like a gorilla. I love it that my mom never got mad but just realized that this was a lifelong single lady who just did not understand babies.:)

Misc. about me - Hmmm. I cannot roll my tongue or stick it out all the way because I am slightly tongue tied.

lunch: spinach salad

Life: need to go sew on my dd's easter dress, but dreading it becuase my laundry/sewing room is a mess. We had termites and part of the drywall is torn up. My shelves for storing things had to be taken down because of the drywall, so all my stuff is piled up grrr....

About me: I've never been able to work up the nerve to try asparagus. Would I like it? I have no idea.

We're still on Spring Break. DD's private school has two weeks off. Does that mean I shouldn't come here? 'Cause I do love me some Bistro.

Lunch: Coffee for me. The kids had some leftovers.

Life in studies: Well, *I* am working on my photography skills again, and spring is providing some excellent material. DD has decided she wants me to teach her some more reading, so she's dragged out OPGTR. DS has been doing some extra writing in the form of stories and thank you/apology notes over the past week.

Misc. about me: I am a lefty for writing but a righty for sports.

Lunch- turkey roll ups & carrot salad

School- My big kids are at school. dd2 and I read some potty books. She is so cute telling me stories with pictures. We played with some blocks I am trying to teach her some shapes by arranging them on the floor. everything is a red circle to her and that is fine with me :D She also said one of her longest statements today "Dad, Dad, Dad, I got sticker on my cheek see, see, see..Dad, Dad, Dad want sticker I do it on your nose" I was proud that was a lot of words :lol: We finger traced the Letter C & A then we watched some Dora :001_huh: She feel asleep sitting on the couch she hardly ever naps anymore so I don't care where or how she falls asleep at this point.

Misc.- I am trying to kick a sweet tea addiction and it's not easy I am trying to limit to 2 glasses a day but I am already on #5 :001_huh:

Lunch...was suppose to be an hour ago but we're an hour behind

Life...is slowing down our schooling. DS didn't put his writing rough draft away so we spent half of the time allotted looking for it. DD nursed, fell asleep, and immediately woke up when I tried to leave. I've spent the last 30 minutes using Super Nanny's method of getting her to sleep. She's still crying. One of those times, she came out with bloody saliva running down her chin from biting her cheek.

Random...I'm much less organized than most people think I am. It drives me nuts when people tell me, "You are so organized!"

I had lunch by myself in a lovely Italian restaurant. Greek salad, pasta with Alfredo sauce, fresh bread and a cup of tea. It was lovely.

We're on spring break and my goal has been to free up some quiet time for myself this week. The kids are spending the week doing various activities (arts camp, golf camp, swimming, play dates) while I'm at home by myself. :D

Peanut butter and pickle sandwich? Never had that. I like peanut butter and cheese sandwich or grilled cheese and dill pickle sandwich.

Lunch -- hot dog and piece of pecan pie

Studies -- we are working on earthquakes and tsunami

Misc. -- I love to sit outside and read on a pretty day