Menu

Question about Photoshop and having prints made

I downloaded the 30-day trial for CS3 last week and have been working on ds and his friend's senior pics. I'm very happy with the way they turned out and with the edits in Photoshop, but I'm having trouble ordering prints online now. When I go to both Walmart and MPix, the Photoshop versions do not show up as choices to upload to the site for printing. It freaked me out last night because I thought I had somehow lost all the files and all that work, but they are still in my computer.

I burned them to discs to take into Walmart tomorrow. There were six photos of ds that we had as final selections to be printed and only five could be loaded onto a 700MB CD. I had to make another CD to get the final picture in there. This made me wonder if the files are just too big to upload and order online. If that's the case, how will I order prints for photoshopped pics in the future? Will I always have to go into the store? I really wanted to try something other than Walmart! Also, will I even be able to do this in the store, or will their computers give me problems?

ARGH! I'm so frustrated! I just want to be done with this project and get those announcements out. There have been glitches and hang ups every step of the way it seems. I get Photoshop figured out (huge learning curve for me which I would not have been able to navigate without Ree and Miz Booshay's tutorials) and now this. What is the use in having this expensive program if I'm just going to have problems getting prints. I don't want to have to buy a photo printer right now as well and do all my own.

First, are you saving the edited images as a .PSD or a .JPG? They need to be JPG.

Second, 5 images took up 700 MB? Yes, that's quite large. Make sure that you are cropped to desired size with 300 DPI. Most of my images that are sent over the 'net to my pro lab are around 9MB each, just to give you a frame of reference.

Thanks so much, Jeanne!

Okay further stupid question:D

You said "cropped to the right size". They are cropped to where I want on the photo. Do I need to specify somewhere that I want these to print up as 2.5"x3.5" wallets? When I printed them at home, that is the size they printed up as. Is there something I'm missing?

I think I remember seeing 300 DPI, but now I'll have to go back and check. I'm not sure how to do that:eek: but I think I can figure it out.