Menu

Help me decide (if you switched from Rightstart)

Snowfall

This is not a thread about choosing a curriculum (stating that up front for the people like me who drag their mouse over the title to see what the post says, lol). I am considering switching from Rightstart after B, but I'm not sure if I will yet. I'll have RS C, Singapore 2A, and Math Mammoth. The problem I'm running into is that Singapore 2A assumes we've already covered subtraction with regrouping, which we have not. Keeping in mind that I may decide to continue on with RS C (we're going to decide when we get there), would you:

A. Skip ahead to the subtraction lessons in B&C and cover subtraction with regrouping (we're on lesson 77 of 107 in B right now), then finish B and go from there

B. Keep going in RS B, but mix in a few lessons from MM 1B here and there to cover subtraction with regrouping

C. Finish B, then take a few weeks to cover subtraction using MM1B

D. Finish B, then take a few weeks to cover subtraction using RS C

E. Finish B, begin C, then decide whether we're going to continue with C before worrying about any of this

I have this suspicion, when looking over C, that we're not going to continue to use it for our main program. I do like the way it does 4 digit subtraction with borrowing, so we'll definitely do that at some point. I just don't know that we'll use RS C in its whole, but I can't decide that right now. Our lives are about to change a LOT, so we'll have to see in a few months. I just don't want to start another program without having the proper background knowledge, so we need to cover subtraction with regrouping somewhere if we decide to switch.

E

We skipped a lot of the drawing in C. C has been good for us, and we are planning on rolling right into D. If it's not broke.....

From what I read here, if people supplement RS with Singapore, they do it a level behind so the work is reinforcement rather than new material. So they would be doing Singapore 2A & 2B when they are in RS C.