Menu

Question about buying something from somebody

How long would you wait before starting a paypal claim? Its been a month since I sent payment- in 5 days it will be a month from when I got the email saying the books were sent. I have been emailing and I am not getting any replies (says the last time she was on was 3/12) It does not give me the option to email her directly. I have never had a problem buying anything on here but we really don't have the money financially to lose $45 on a purchase we will not be getting. So wwyd?

I'd file a claim now.

Actually, I would have done it last week since the seller is not responding to your emails.

eta: Also, don't forget to leave feedback on her page stating the facts~I'm getting ready to make purchases for next year and would appreciate a heads up on who is not reliable.

Edited by Sophia

This is from the paypal website. Make sure you don't exceed 45 days if you are going to dispute the transaction.

• You have 45 days from the transaction date to open a dispute.
  • If you and the seller can’t resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.
  • If you don’t escalate a dispute to a claim within 20 days, we automatically close it. Once a dispute is closed, you can’t reopen it or escalate it to a claim.