Menu

What combines well with EPGY Math & LAW?

ElizaG

My 5 and 7 year old are using EPGY for both math and language arts. At the moment, that's all they're doing for those subjects, but I'd like to go back to doing face-to-face lessons and just use the online courses as a supplement.

If you use EPGY along with something else, I'd appreciate hearing about what you use and how you schedule it.

Both my kids participate in epgy math only. Ds, who just completed the 5th grade math level, also works through Singapore math. Techniques learned in the workbooks often help him solve problems in a different way and vice versa. Ds especially loves the Challenging Word Problems series.

Dd, who just completed the epgy pre-algebra course, worked concurrently through Saxon math pre-algebra. She likes to have a book that sometimes explains concepts with simpler numbers. She just started epgy algebra last week. From that level on epgy has book recommendations. (Liall Agebra)

This being said, I believe that Singapore math is a better fit for use with epgy. But it mainly depends on your child's preference.

Hope this helps.

Personally, I think Singapore is a great math curriculum for bright math students. You can add Intensive Practices and/or Challenging Word Problems if you want more quantity of challenging problems.

When you get past Singapore 6B, I'd look at Art of Problem Solving.

HTH

Thanks for the suggestions. We did try Singapore for K and 1st, but had some frustrations with it. I've decided to stick with EPGY as their main math curriculum for now, and supplement with Math Mammoth blue series (50% off, yay :)) for any topics that seem to need reinforcement.

For language arts, nothing I've looked at seems quite right. I'm coming to accept that I'll either have to make up my own based on our history & literature readings, or stick half a dozen curricula together, neither of which appeals to my tired self right now. :svengo: For the time being, I've added WWE for both children, and that's working out fine.

• 2 months later...