Menu

missing friend....

They are out, across the border in Tunisia where they will be met by a medical team, and then home once they get shoes (theirs were taken) clean clothes, and travel documents.

The relief is total, but they were not well-treated. Theirs was quite an ordeal and their driver was killed (they think) in crossfire. The short of it is this: they were at a newly erected government checkpoint and being forcibly detained when the checkpoint came under rebel fire. It got worse from there.

The rest will come out as the four decide how and when to tell their stories. I really appreciate the kindness shown here. My husband loves Tyler like a brother, and I'm just so relieved.

I'm so glad to hear that he will be heading home. :grouphug:

Wow. Thank you for linking the article.

Something from the other side of the world - I heard from a Japanese Nipponzan Myohoji nun who lives in NY today. She is terribly terribly distressed about the Japanese people. She says the radiation is in a 100 mile radius but the government won't admit it. They (the Nipponzan Myohoji here) are trying to figure out how to help.

-Nan

Here's their story, complete with Yeats and Shakespeare, told as only a writer like Shadid can.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/world/africa/23times.html?hp

I'm still amazed they were released at all. Three more journalists were released today.

Wow. "Ordeal" seems to be an understatement.

Thank you for the link. I normally scan the Times, but I have been so overwhelmed and depressed by the state of the world that I needed a break.

May we all find peace.

Jane