Menu

Thinking about being troop leader...

Look online and find the website for your council. I am a girl scout leader. In our area we have a leader meeting once a month. How many troop meetings I hold each month with my troop is up to me. We usually do 2 troop meetings per month. You can hold meetings at your home or set it up to meet at a school or other public place. A lot of how you run your troop will be up to you and the interest of your girls.

To become a leader you will take some training classes including training for the age level you will be leading. Look online to find what the age levels are. Ages 13-16 would probably range over two age groups. Cadettes ..usually jr. high age... are working on their silver award which requires completing one "journey book" and a silver award project. At the High school level .. Seniors and Ambassadors... girls will be working on their gold awards. The Gold award requires completion of 2 journey books (or only one if the silver award was earned) and a gold award project.