Menu

Rosetta Stone Homeschool Version 3, has anyone used the new version?

and can compare it to the old version of RS? I feel the old version, as a stand alone program, was not worthy of a high school credit. My friend is thinking the new version will be and I am trying to figure out what is different that would make it credit worthy.

Thanks!

I can't answer your question as to whether or not the new version is more credit worthy, but here is what I received from Rosetta Stone when I asked about the difference between the two versions:

Rosetta Stone Version 3 (V3) is conversationally driven, whereas Version 2 is driven more by content. V3 still uses our Dynamic Immersion method to teach a new language; however, the content is different - you will learn from the very beginning how to participate in everyday conversations. Level 1 will build a foundation of fundamental vocabulary and essential language structure. You will gain the confidence to master basic conversational skills, including greetings and introductions, simple questions and answers, shopping, and more. Level 2 will teach you to navigate your surroundings as you build on the material from Level 1. You will learn to talk about your environment, give and get directions, use transportation, tell time, dine out, and enjoy basic social interactions. Our Level 3 program will enable you to connect with the world around you by building on the language fundamentals and conversational skills you developed in Levels 1 and 2. You will learn to share your ideas and opinions, express your feelings and talk about everyday life, your interests, your work, current events, and much more.