Menu

Can anyone compare ARTistic Pursuits & Meet the Masters?

CarrieF

I have always liked art and therefore enjoy teaching it even though I am NOT any sort of accomplished artist. :001_smile: Have always liked the look and philosophy of ARTistic Pursuits with the art appreciation and projects working together. Now, thanks to this god-awful board (ha! ha!) I am once again enticed to purchase something I had no idea existed until 30 minutes ago (Meet the Masters).

Can any of you compare/contrast these two art programs, please?! Right now my kids get art at our co-op, but I would love to not have to do co-op next year and this would be one more reason NOT to go. Ha! Ha! :D

Thanks in advance!

I can only speak for Artistic pursuits as that is the only one I have had experience with. It is a delightful, complete, easy to implement art history and art making experience (both are important). Students are introduced to artists from various periods, discuss the artwork and art style and any techniques used, then create an artwork using information gained from the lesson. They use real art materials that are easy to obtain and inexpensive and the results from the student work always turn out beautifully well. It is scripted for you to read and discuss with the student or for older students to read and do on their own. I find the program to be very well written. My children have enjoyed doing it.

I just bought Artistic Pursuits and LOVE it, but now I am curious too. When I am done buying my curricula this year, I am staying away from this board! I keep second guessing myself as well!

I can't compare the two, as I've only used AP, but I just wanted to tell you not to worry about this purchase. It's a fantastic program and we really, really enjoy it. My 6yo dd is a real perfectionist, and seeing the examples of art done by other children has actually given her a lot of confidence, because she can see that they aren't doing "perfect" works either, even though some of them are older than her. :D

I was just looking at Meet the Masters, but I couldn't remember the name of it. I had seen it on a blog, and couldn't find it when I went back....so thanks so much for reminding me that that is what it was called LOL! I know this doesn't help you any, so now, I am going to go check out the other one you mentioned. I too would like to follow this thread as I would love to hear what others are saying.