Menu

What tv shows do you hate to admit you watch regularly?

We don't have TV but I watch Survivor every week online. It's a total guilty pleasure. Recently dh and I watched an episode of The Office online and I could see how I could get hooked on that so I'm not watching anymore.

Not embarrassed to admit watching:

Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis, Doctor Who, Monk, Psych, The Closer, Supernatural, The Simpsons, The Office, Law & Order (any, but esp. CI), CSI, Without a Trace, Firefly, House

I don't keep up to date with a lot of the above, but just watch them when they happen to be on and I'm in the mood. It has resulted in excessive tv watching in the past (seriously, you can find at least one of the above on any time of the day, and in theory could watch from 8am-12am if you were so inclined), but since we cut cable, I haven't even watched any of our many, many DVD collections.

Mildly embarrassed:

What not to Wear, 10 Years Younger, Trading Spaces, Clean Sweep, While you were out, VH1's I love the 70s/80s/90s

Really embarrassed:

Charmed

There is just something about that show that keeps me watching if I catch a rerun - I can't explain it. But it is truly a guilty pleasure.

Big Brother :auto:

normally I watch this too but this last time I didn't

I'm not embarrassed to admit this but I love the show Prison Break, been watching it from the beginning.. My only gripe is the seasons aren't long enough :001_smile:

I do like to watch Biggest Loser also :001_smile:

"Deadliest Catch" I can't explain why this show appeals to me. I have several other questionable viewing choices, but this is the one that raises eyebrows for some reason. DH told his co-workers, so I get ribbed at social events about watching it.

SAME HERE! Only I don't get ribbed because no one knows I watch it. So what's with that show? Real reality? I think it's a lot like when I used to listen to my dad's stories of being a firefighter. There were the dangerous and nail biting stories, along with the comraderie/antics of firehouse living. I was going to add this show to my list of shows someone wouldn't believe I watch. LOST is another, along with NFL Football games. I don't know that I'm embarrased to say I watch anything, except maybe American Idol, and even that's streching it. I'm a big History Channel, A&E, Discovery, and TCM addict.

Chris

The Hills is probably my most embarrassing show to admit to, others I watch (but not embarrassed) are:

House, Grey's Anatomy, Des. Housewives (Okay, yes I am a bit embarrassed to admit that about DW), Brothers & Sisters, October Road, Private Practice, The Closer, Numb3rs, Flip That/This House and Property Ladder. Sometimes I'll watch WifeSwap and Super Nanny but it has to be a night where I'm very bored/tired to watch it.

I sometimes watch The Hills too! :blushing:

I have to admit I have none to admit! LOL

I only watch House (really!) and that is not a show I'm really ashamed to say I watch... even though it is totally formulaic and I tell my husband right before someone bleeds out that they are about to bleed out... it's always sort of fun guessing which orifice they will bleed out of though! :tongue_smilie:

Oh, alright.

I used to watch "24." I loved it. But I think that the spell has been broken because I doubt that I'll watch if/when it ever comes back.

My other guilty tv pleasure is that I sometimes watch reruns of "Will and Grace." Shoot me now!

When I'm out and about at the doc or dentist and people make small talk about American Idol, I almost hate to say I've never seen it. I'm definately not super high brow, I just don't like reality tv. I have watched Felicity - all 4 seasons twice through. I even have a hankerin' to get them again from Netflix this summer. I would be a little embarrassed to admit that to most of my real life friends though :).

Do you have any series like that?

Wife Swap. Also, Dh HATES Supernanny so I can only watch that "in secret"! They are so stupid, but they just suck me in!

Guest Katia

I only have one regular right now, but I never, ever miss it:

Burn Notice

Does no one else watch this?? It is just fanTAStic.

When the new season of Monk comes on, I'll be watching that regularly as well.

Wife Swap. Also, Dh HATES Supernanny so I can only watch that "in secret"! They are so stupid, but they just suck me in!

I have a love/hate with Supernanny. A few episodes were good, but the last few I watched (in the fall or in Jan, can't remember) were crazy. I feel like she always hyper-focuses on the wrong things, is disrespectful to the parents, tries to pit everyone against each other, and her tactics are just plain lame.

And does she even have any kids of her own? :glare:

American Idol and Oprah. American Idol I watch every Tuesday (we don't have DVR, so I make a bee-line for the TV every Tuesday at 7:00).

Oprah, I watch when I can. It's on at 4:00 here, which is about the time I'm ready to put up my feet and rest for the first time in the day. I really only watch Oprah about twice a month because: 1.) I'm not able to catch it most of the time, and 2.) I'm interested in about 1/4 of her shows (or less). But when I'm interested, I'm very interested. I hate to admit to Oprah because it seems to sound like I watch TV all of the time. I really don't... about 2~3 hours a week, but saying I watch Oprah sounds akin to saying I watch soap operas every day. :tongue_smilie:

Two and a Half Men is just terrible, but oh so funny (IMHO) -- I just can't believe it is in syndication at 6:00 and 6:30 pm on weeknights! Wish they would move it to 10 so I could watch it.

I won't let you be alone in your shame. I watch that filthy show, too. (I can't believe I admitted that!). It's hysterical. But I tivo it and watch it while everyone's asleep. So it doesn't count.

Coming in way late to this one, but when I DO have time to watch TV, I'll watch:

The Biggest Loser (just love that show!)

Law and Order and Law and Order:SVU (I'm hooked)

CSI (NOT Miami or NY)

Criminal Minds (occasionally)

Cold Case

Without a Trace

Okay, I love those cop shows! I'm not really embarrased to admit watching them....I don't even watch very often. What I miss the most since we ditched cable? Watching "What Not to Wear" with my dh. We just loved Stacy and Clinton...they are so funny! And the people they get to come on the show...hilarious!

What not to wear... I always hear stacy and clinton when I'm shopping...lol but I must admit I am choosy with what I buy it has to fit in the rules. Accept I still love to have llbean/lands end laid back shorts and shirts for summer

Okay I'll admit also, Two and Half Men

Biggest Loser

Okay, okay... didn't want to post this but I just couldn't resist. Why Not.

Sue G in PA we can hang out and watch TV :D!

This is on our TIVO:

CSI (just Las Vegas - love Grisham)

Without a Trace

House

Beauty and the Geek (dh loves this show)

Smallville (hooked from the beginning)

Ugly Betty (love love love)

American Idol (shhhh.... dh likes this but don't tell anyone) :tongue_smilie:

Okay, okay *twist arm* and......So you think you can dance. (because I really think I can dance.....NOT!)

and and (MAN Jessica from TA) The Hills (ahhhhhh.....that's so embarrassing).

Man, we watch too much tv. No wonder I can't get any cleaning done.

The shows that I watch "on purpose" are:

House

Top Chef

Psych

CSI: (only original)- my interest in this show is declining

Shows I'll watch if I'm in the mood but I don't plan for:

Monk-I don't like this show as much anymore

Supernanny

Mystery Diagnosis

Law & Order:CI-I'm losing interest in all of the L&O shows-But I like this one a little more

Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles-I watched this faithfully for a few weeks and then stopped-I don't even know if it's still on the air.

Mythbusters-with the kids

Not really embarassed by it, but my dh rolls his eyes at me.....Project Runway. I normally hate reality TV, but I love this show.

Oh, definitely Project Runway!

Really, I don't watch much TV. But when I do, I like it to be absolute drivel, and PR pretty much fits the bill.

My family has been watching American Idol together this season. This is the frist year I've seen it. I am enjoying it. It's funny, it's sad, it's over-the-top crazy. It's an odd feeling, but for the first time ever I feel I am participating in something 'globally' cultural. This time around I know the lingo, what's going on. ;) I feel like I have a common experience to share 'out in the world' for when I am having my teeth cleaned or checking out at the market. I like it! lol I am also surprised by how much I look forward to it each week. :lurk5:

I love Project Runway! I'll even watch reruns.

Depending on what I'm doing, I've been know to watch America's Next Top Model and The Bachelor in my non-cable kitchen.

:iagree: My favorite re-runs are the ones from Santino's season, he is hilarious!! Everytime he imitated Tim Gunn I lost it.:lol:

Family Jewels with Gene Simmons.:D

Ah, yes. Yet another show I miss now that we don't have cable. :tongue_smilie: <--That's my Gene impression. :)

I'm not embarrassed by anything I watch, but my favorites these days are:

LOST

Survivor

Big Bang Theory

I love CSI and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. Ha! But I also love I Love Lucy, Everybody Loves Raymond, HGTV, Discovery Channel, Science Channel and King of Queens too. I even watch a few kiddie shows with my lil' peeps. I love Drake and Josh. So embarrassing!

I still watch, don't like to miss an episode, but no longer feel the need to spend hours online searching for clues and theories.

There are several shows that I watch fairly regularly that aren't exactly great art, but they don't embarass me: Reaper, Monk, Psych, Numbers. I could live without all of them, but following them gives me something to watch with my media-addicted husband.

The one that only I watch, and it happens about once every two months, about which I do feel a twinge of embarassment is Supernanny. I don't know, there's just something comforting about seeing how awful other people's children can be . . .