Menu

What tv shows do you hate to admit you watch regularly?

When I'm out and about at the doc or dentist and people make small talk about American Idol, I almost hate to say I've never seen it. I'm definately not super high brow, I just don't like reality tv. I have watched Felicity - all 4 seasons twice through. I even have a hankerin' to get them again from Netflix this summer. I would be a little embarrassed to admit that to most of my real life friends though :).

Do you have any series like that?

The shows I watch regularly are Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Flight of the Conchords, and Gossip Girl.

The show that I watch obsessively but would never admit to anyone? Antiques Roadshow. Man, I LOVE that show!

When I'm out and about at the doc or dentist and people make small talk about American Idol, I almost hate to say I've never seen it. I'm definately not super high brow, I just don't like reality tv. I have watched Felicity - all 4 seasons twice through. I even have a hankerin' to get them again from Netflix this summer. I would be a little embarrassed to admit that to most of my real life friends though :).

Do you have any series like that?

Survivor

Big Brother :auto:

I watch very little T.V. Very little. That's why I guess I hate to admit that I love American Idol. I watch every episode and when its over, I can't wait for the next season.

BTW, I don't watch much TV because I'm too highbrow or anything, I just prefer leafing through magazines, surfing the net, going through cookbooks and reading.

When the TV happens to be on though, I can easily get hooked and stay up too late watching whatever is on. :D

The only shows I watch regulary are the Office, the Daily Show, and Colbert (the latter two maybe twice a week). I'm not really embarrassed that I watch them, though now that my MIL is living with us, I am sort of embarrassed sometimes about how naughty the latter two can be. There have been a couple of times I was mortified by the language in front of her!

I watch American Idol (this is my first season to watch it). I also watch Dancing with the Stars. The other shows I try to watch regularly are CSI Miami on Mon. nights, Boston Legal, and Dexter. Dexter was on one of the networks, but it is a Showtime show. I thought it was really good, but i won't be subscribing to Showtime for it. Sometimes i watch Without a Trace. (notice all these shows start at 9 o'clock central--the kids are in bed--we don't watch much TV before 9 unless it is something like Food Network)

The two shows that I'm embarrased to say I watch are :blushing: TMZ and Two and a Half Men (if I can find them on TV after 10pm)

Two and a Half Men is just terrible, but oh so funny (IMHO) -- I just can't believe it is in syndication at 6:00 and 6:30 pm on weeknights! Wish they would move it to 10 so I could watch it.

Never miss Desperate Housewives. It's my trashy tv and I love it!!! LOL

Things I like to watch, but don't really care if I miss: John and Kate + 8, American Idol (our first season too!), Three and a Half Men (this show is hilarious!!!). I think that's it!

Oh - and as I nurse the baby down for her nap, I'll turn on a home improvement show or a birth show. But, I never get to watch the whole thing!

ER...I always liked finding all the medical "yeah rights", from my own hospital career days. Somehow, I got sucked into watching it for the past 7 years or so...wouldn't dare miss an episode...kinda OCD. It's got an agenda that's a bit liberal for my tastes, but I watch it anyway.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I watch Desperate Housewives. And, Real Housewives of NY. :001_unsure:

OMG Michelle! I hate to admit it, but I LUUUURRVE the Real Housewives of NY! Aren't Simon and Alex CREEPY?! :confused:

What Not to Wear, Cops (on occasion--- I tend to get sucked in and they the spell is broken by the next screaming commercial!) It's Me or the Dog (weirdo dog trainer!) and Real Housewives of NYC. There. It's me.....laid bare. :-)

I'm an ex-TV junkie. I've watched only 1 show in about 19 or 20 months. However, I'm going to break down and watch a summer series this year. What embarrassing things was I addicted to in the past? Alias. I didn't miss a single episode until that last year when they kept moving the show around and since I taped it and skipped the commercials, I missed the change. How sad is that? I was addicted to it before they brought in all that weird stuff.

This summer, though, I'm going to allow myself one series. I'll ask dh to "force" me off the TV as soon as it's over.

We have completely given up television except for the occasional PBS program (Frontline, Nature, or NOVA) that piques our curiosity. Once in a while, I will turn it on for weather coverage.

Aside from that, I only watch one thing regularly: Eastenders, a British soap about working-class Londoners. It, too, runs on PBS, and I've followed it for roughly 13 years...my remaining TV pleasure. ;)

I'm more mildly embarassed to admit what we DON'T watch, because that would be basically everything.

I've never seen an episode of Seinfeld and have forever marked myself as an American pop-culture ignoramus because of it.

I've seen American Idol on occasion, when visiting my folks. Ditto a handful of other shows, the names of which escape me now.

My mother loves (loved...don't even know if they're still current shows) "Keeping Up Appearances" and "Whose Line is it Anyway?" (is that the right name?). She and my father watch so much t.v. that it's no great surprise to find three different televisions on simultaneously in their house...and there's just the two of them living there!! :lol:

OMG Michelle! I hate to admit it, but I LUUUURRVE the Real Housewives of NY! Aren't Simon and Alex CREEPY?! :confused:

Oh, Simon and Alex are just nuts. "Oh, we're not climbing the social ladder! We just dish out $10K for opening night at the Met tickets and hope to be photographed!" And Francios and Johan are brats. I don't care if they CAN sing Twinkle Twinkle in Latin.

Ramona is insane. OMGosh, why no one has slapped her silly is a mystery to me. The way she bulges her eyes out is creepy.

I liked Luanne best of all. LOL Will there be a 2nd season?

Oh, Simon and Alex are just nuts. "Oh, we're not climbing the social ladder! We just dish out $10K for opening night at the Met tickets and hope to be photographed!" And Francios and Johan are brats. I don't care if they CAN sing Twinkle Twinkle in Latin.

Ramona is insane. OMGosh, why no one has slapped her silly is a mystery to me. The way she bulges her eyes out is creepy.

I liked Luanne best of all. LOL Will there be a 2nd season?

Yes, Ramona is certifiable. Her daughter is infinitely more mature than she is. Luann is the classiest of the bunch, but Bethenny's constant begging her boyfriend to move in really grates on my nerves. And Alex and Simon are just so obnoxious! It's a sick relationship-- he buys all her clothes and has to approve them first, to make sure they're from an "approved" designer! And their boys are incorrigable--- I'd rather have my kid know how to say "please" and "thank you" than the Latin words to Twinkle Twinkle.

It's like watchin' a trainwreck, I tell ya!:lol:

"Deadliest Catch" I can't explain why this show appeals to me. I have several other questionable viewing choices, but this is the one that raises eyebrows for some reason. DH told his co-workers, so I get ribbed at social events about watching it.

I can't believe NO ONE else watches NCIS. It is my all time favorite. We even tivo the USA marathons and will sit and watch 3-4 episodes in a sitting. Love it, love it, love it.

Unfortunately, right now all that is ever on at our house is hockey. I have to admit I did stay up til 1 am to see the 4th overtime for the stars/sharks last night....and dh isn't here.:glare:

Not embassed that I watch LOST.

Mildly embarassed that I watch Grey's Anatomy (and even cry sometimes, oh the shame)

Ditto the embassement about The Tudors (warning - not strictly historically acurate and a shameful amount of adult content).

That's three hours a week. Way more than it should be. Definitely embarrased about that. :blushing:

Okay, I'll admit mine as well. Since strike, however, I haven't gotten back into most of the ones I used to watch.

I USED to watch: NCIS, CSI (Vegas only), Criminal Minds, Survivor, Dancing With the Stars, Biggest Loser, American Idol, Pushing Daisies, So You Think You Can Dance, and probably some others hit or miss. Some of the above were splotchy watching, not regular.

Now, I watch: CSI and Criminal Minds. I would watch NCIS, but the kids LOVE Nova on PBS at the same time. I let them unless it is a rerun and sacrifice my NCIS. Sniff, I miss Agent Gibbs.

I'm not the least bit embarassed to admit that we programmed our DVR to record:

Survivor

House

Criminal Minds

Bones

Lost

Hell's Kitchen

Top Chef

Big Bang Theory

How I Met Your Mother...

Still, my younger two have never seen ANY of those shows. During the week, we only watch tv when they're in bed. So, they don't watch much tv (they have tv privileges on weekends only) but dh and I watch a lot of tv. ;-)

Lisa

"Deadliest Catch" I can't explain why this show appeals to me. I have several other questionable viewing choices, but this is the one that raises eyebrows for some reason. DH told his co-workers, so I get ribbed at social events about watching it.

Dh and I loooooooooooved this show! We no longer have satellite or it would be one of out faves too! In fact we go away to the NJ coast for vacation/family reunion in May and my DH likes to catch up on Deadliest Catch.

Deadliest Catch

Work Out--but getting tired of the lesbian aspect being played up way, way too much--it used to be more about people running a gym, imagine that!

Little People, Big World

Jon and Kate Plus 8 irks me no end, but I still get caught up in it sometimes

Mystery Diagnosis

The Hills is probably my most embarrassing show to admit to, others I watch (but not embarrassed) are:

House, Grey's Anatomy, Des. Housewives (Okay, yes I am a bit embarrassed to admit that about DW), Brothers & Sisters, October Road, Private Practice, The Closer, Numb3rs, Flip That/This House and Property Ladder. Sometimes I'll watch WifeSwap and Super Nanny but it has to be a night where I'm very bored/tired to watch it.