Menu

When reality meets teen boy!

Me: "You do realize that in August, you will begin high school work for high school credit and I will NOT be quite as forgiving as I am now."

Him: "DO I have to do high school? How about if I just keep doing the easy stuff, write a computer game, make a million dollars, and live at home forever?"

Me: Snort, "Yeah, you do that! Make my day. I'll even help you and do ALL of your business accounting myself. You won't have to do a thing, not one bit of paperwork, tax preparation, nothing. I'll control your banking and pay your bills for you."

Him: "WOW! You'd do that for me mom? Thanks a lot. That way I won't have to learn any more math, or business stuff."

Me: "Oh, yeah....SON, I'd love to do that for you! I'm looking forward to being filthy rich!"

Him: "You? Why would you get rich?"

Me: "Because if you are too immature to do high school work and too immature to see the value of learning higher level mathematics, then it's a forgone conclusion that whoever counts your money is going to end up with Alllllllll your money. MORE FOR ME!"

Him: "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! That's not fair!!!!"

Me: "Life's not fair. You might want to consider the consequences of letting your brains atrophy at such a young age. By the way, YOU ARE NOT LIVING AT HOME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE EVEN IF YOU ARE A MILLIONAIRE! Make a plan boy, make a plan because your dad operates by his own father's philosophy of high schoolers, 'Do your work or don't eat. Your choice.' "

Him: "No high school, no pizza?"

Me: "Failure to complete daily assignments equals NO PIZZA, NO MERCY!"

Him: "You know I hate algebra and logic."

Me: "I am aware."

Him: "I'll go do my algebra."

Me: "I was pretty certain you'd see it my way."

Faith

Me: "You do realize that in August, you will begin high school work for high school credit and I will NOT be quite as forgiving as I am now."

Him: "DO I have to do high school? How about if I just keep doing the easy stuff, write a computer game, make a million dollars, and live at home forever?"

Me: Snort, "Yeah, you do that! Make my day. I'll even help you and do ALL of your business accounting myself. You won't have to do a thing, not one bit of paperwork, tax preparation, nothing. I'll control your banking and pay your bills for you."

Him: "WOW! You'd do that for me mom? Thanks a lot. That way I won't have to learn any more math, or business stuff."

Me: "Oh, yeah....SON, I'd love to do that for you! I'm looking forward to being filthy rich!"

Him: "You? Why would you get rich?"

Me: "Because if you are too immature to do high school work and too immature to see the value of learning higher level mathematics, then it's a forgone conclusion that whoever counts your money is going to end up with Alllllllll your money. MORE FOR ME!"

Him: "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! That's not fair!!!!"

Me: "Life's not fair. You might want to consider the consequences of letting your brains atrophy at such a young age. By the way, YOU ARE NOT LIVING AT HOME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE EVEN IF YOU ARE A MILLIONAIRE! Make a plan boy, make a plan because your dad operates by his own father's philosophy of high schoolers, 'Do your work or don't eat. Your choice.' "

Him: "No high school, no pizza?"

Me: "Failure to complete daily assignments equals NO PIZZA, NO MERCY!"

Him: "You know I hate algebra and logic."

Me: "I am aware."

Him: "I'll go do my algebra."

Me: "I was pretty certain you'd see it my way."

Faith

Where is that "Like" button when you need it??? LOL

:lol::lol: Probably won't be as funny to me in 7 years. :001_huh::lol:

:lol: Yes it will. Copy this. Print it Out. Attach to fridge in 7 yrs so you can read it everyday, and know you are not alone! A lot of us have that same 14 yo boy (or girl...:tongue_smilie: )