Menu

Has anyone else given up facebook for Lent?

I need some support, it is 9am and I already miss it. As soon as I tell myself I can't do/have something, I want it. I am just wondering if anyone else is going facebook free for the next 40+ days.

Oh, and yes, I know there are those on here who have not succumb to the powerful brain drain of facebook. I am talking to those who use and love it.

Cheers,

Nicole

Not this year but I did 2 years ago. It was hard but was WONDERFUL! I didn't feel attached to the computer and honestly was a better mom for it. I did give up other forums too. I think I pretty much just checked email and maybe the disboards during that time.

You can do it. I think the first couple of days were the hardest. I made sure to post on facebook that I was giving it up for Lent so that people would know that I couldn't be reached through that venue for a while.

I did! It really, really stinks sometimes! I know it's really good for me, though.

The point of Lent is to give up something sacrificially, so I know we're both doing that, Nicole. If it was easy, it wouldn't be accomplishing anything for us, right?

I am having a hard time with it too. It's very lonely for me without FB, so I know I need to make an effort to find some local people to spend time with. It's too easy for me to get all my socializing from the computer.

I am beginning to think I need an internet break. I've managed to fill my time quite nicely by coming back to the boards more. I do think it's more productive over here, though, because I can actually get some questions answered. The curriculum board has sucked me right in again, though, and now I'm in a spiral of curriculum research. Sigh. :D

I gave up coke 2 years ago for Lent. Then I gave it up again August 5th 2009, so I am approaching 2 years with no coke. I am not allowing myself any coke until I am below 200 pounds. I really wish I was not so slow on the weight loss.

Thanks for the support on fb. I am just so used to logging in a quickly scrolling to see what everyone is up too. I feel disconnected. It is good though, it will force me to make some changes to my daily routine.