Menu

Did I read somewhere that Apol. Elem. Sci. will have a Human Body book soon?

I thought I read on a post a while back that Apologia was coming out with a book on the Human Body for their Elem. Science series. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I'm curious b/c we'll be getting to Human Body in 2009/10 and would LOVE to use Apologia! Thanks.

Sue, you were so sweet to go to LLATL's site for me... here is what I found on Jeannie Fulbright's site in the FAQ section:

"What other books do you plan to write for this series?

At present, we have a Chemistry/Physics combination book planned, as well as the third book in the Zoology series that will cover the land-dwelling animals - such as mammals, reptiles, amphibians, arachnids, worms and more. We also may include an anatomy book in 2009."

I bet it will be a great book!

I contacted Jeannie Fulbright about these books recently. She told me that the Chemistry book is coming out in 2009, but she's not writing that one. The anatomy book is scheduled to come out in 2011.
Oh mannnn, that's (2011) too late for us! I bet it will be a good one too!

I contacted Jeannie Fulbright about these books recently. She told me that the Chemistry book is coming out in 2009, but she's not writing that one. The anatomy book is scheduled to come out in 2011.

Wow, I didn't know that. Last I knew she was working on the Chem / Physics book at the same time as the land animal book (which is just now out).

She had not originally planned to do a Human anatomy book, as there is one at the upper (advanced) levels, but a number of us on the group asked if she could for the elementary level (as our teens may never get to / want to do the advanced levels, and we'd like them to have some sort of background).

She really liked the idea and asked Dr. Wile if that would be okay and he said yes.

There was also a "pondering" of doing an earth science study. . .she was thinking possibly a semester type book that could extend the astronomy study, but I haven't heard more on that. . .

There was also a "pondering" of doing an earth science study. . .she was thinking possibly a semester type book that could extend the astronomy study, but I haven't heard more on that. . .

Christine, just in case you you were planning an Earth Science study to go along w/ Astronomy...CKE Earth and Space looks to be the perfect compliment to Apol. Astronomy. I know it's not Apologia, but CKE is a great program. I purchased CKE E&S to do along w/ Astronomy when we get to it. CKE E&S has one unit on all the planets, sun, moon, etc. so I'm just planning to skip that chapter and do the Apol. Astron. instead. Just a thought!

Christine, just in case you you were planning an Earth Science study to go along w/ Astronomy...CKE Earth and Space looks to be the perfect compliment to Apol. Astronomy. I know it's not Apologia, but CKE is a great program. I purchased CKE E&S to do along w/ Astronomy when we get to it. CKE E&S has one unit on all the planets, sun, moon, etc. so I'm just planning to skip that chapter and do the Apol. Astron. instead. Just a thought!

Hmm, I will have to look into this. Thank you.