Menu

Gorgeous periodic table poster

I still like this one for lower years, http://mii.org/PosterPeriodic.htm

That is nice :) What grade do you mean by "lower years"? My kids are only pre-k and 1st so all the writing on that one overwhelms them. I think the appeal on this for my kids is that they "get it". I used it to explain what elements are and how they're organized. Really super-basic stuff.

That is nice :) What grade do you mean by "lower years"? My kids are only pre-k and 1st so all the writing on that one overwhelms them. I think the appeal on this for my kids is that they "get it". I used it to explain what elements are and how they're organized. Really super-basic stuff.
Which one did you get for them? I like the looks of this as well, and my dd11 will be working on Chemistry this coming year. Thanks for posting this, I'm greatly tempted to get this!

Oh, I wasn't trying to "say" anything, just that to understand the photo poster you'd have to understand what you're looking at, which would be best for middle school (I think) and that while PreK - K is not the lower years I was thinking for the one I linked, I like having the information about the element accessible. I wasn't intending to say one was better than the other b/c that is individual, just providing a link to another (one I have) that would be good for the younger than 9th grade crowd. I feel like I stuck my foot in my mouth...

I didn't think you stuck your foot in your mouth, Jessica ;) I'm still trying to figure this all out with my kids being so young. I have a really hard time figuring what is above or below their level. Physics and Chemistry strike a cord of dread in my teacher's heart because they were my least favorite subjects at school. I ordered this one (the second largest) because I was thinking with the pictures for K and 1st (should they even be doing this? Who knows!?) I could at least say, look - this is gold, etc.

I love the chart you pointed out and I was wondering in particular what grades you were meaning by "lower years" because I was wondering when I should switch from pictures to more text to convey more facts :D So I think I'm the one who stuck her foot in her mouth!

I'm still really curious which grades you would begin implimenting the chart you pointed out. It's a really good one!