Menu

Mosdos

Suzanne115

Hi Suzanne, I don't have the answer you need, but I am hoping someone else will. I am looking at Mosdos too and am trying to decide which items to purchase. So far I think I will definately get the student book and maybe the cd. I read somewhere (homeschoolreviews.com?) that some people just bought the student book. I might get the teacher's book, although they say it's huge!! Which level are you looking into? I will have a 4th and 5th grader, and I am thinking of starting with Coral.

Good luck!

Cindy

Workbook- tries to pull ideas out of story's from text, there is fill in the blank questions, but also others that can be answered as much or little as student wants. With us DD will answer verbally more in-depth then written where she takes the bare minimum route.

Teacher manual- is great lots of help an gives background about things you may not know about. Helps with prompting questions.

Textbook- pictures, warmup sections before stories, quality book durable, varied ideas, thematic format is cool 'heart', 'hand'... Slanted geen environmentally nothing too outrageous could make kids aware of issues facing us, granted is a story talking about a kids recycling effort heavy handed? Does not really bug me too much but have not seen anyway stories about the benefits of logging for example:001_smile:

Bsed on 'Ruby' level, also I don't know about reading level appropriate I guess

Edited by Ray

I have only used Gold, and that was several years ago, but am looking forward to using another level (probably Pearl) next year. With Gold, we did use the workbook and found it very helpful. It was certainly not vital, but we did use it. At that time, I do not believe the test CD was available. I had never seen that until yesterday, when I went to the website to check on Pearl. I will probably buy the Pearl test CD, however, pricey though it is, 'cause I like tests.

I know you weren't asking about it, but I found the teacher's guide invaluable. Huge, but invaluable.

Terri