Menu

Where do you get your timeline images?

For timeline figures in color that go with the SOTW books, check out hanna's homeschool helps yahoo group. All free.

They are beautiful, and she includes a template so you can download your own images from yahoo or google and fit them into the same format. I added a few saints, for example, to our med/ren year.

Google image search. Copy, paste, print. Yes, I'm sure it takes longer, but it astounds me that people pay so much for timeline images. 90%+ of the time I find exactly what I wanted within a single search on the first page. We print onto sticker paper, which is widely available at office stores and works great for things like this.

Not sure if this would work for what your doing, but I find used college books on the free shelves at our library book store and cut out images from those (history/art book). I also use the review cards from SOTW, and HomeSchool in the Woods stickers. I'm going for the collage look. :001_smile:

If you use the SOTW AG, the review cards work well for this. My kids really enjoyed making their own. I would write the title and year of an event we had studied at the top of a 1.5"x3" sticker/label. Then they would draw a picture of the event, color it, then put it on the timeline (with help to get it in the right place!). They love those pictures the best--can't imagine ever getting rid of that timeline.

Here are a few other sites I have stumbled across lately.

The Homeschool Shop

Homeschooling with Notebooking

Classroom Clip Art

Raising Our Kids - this is actually coloring pages. But I was able to take several and make them smaller to use as timeline figures.

I agree with a PP too. Google images is very easy to use and you can usually find something there.

Google image search. Copy, paste, print. Yes, I'm sure it takes longer, but it astounds me that people pay so much for timeline images. 90%+ of the time I find exactly what I wanted within a single search on the first page. We print onto sticker paper, which is widely available at office stores and works great for things like this.

:iagree:

We do the same exact thing. We will put an image on the sticker paper as we study it and when the page is full (or close) we have a "timeline" project day. It makes for a very nice review of the 1 or two weeks' worth of history study.