Menu

Any moms over the age of 50 on here

I'm 48 and dd is 10.

I reallly don't see much difference in my friends--some are in their early 40's, some 50's, a couple 60's--I guess it's that old "gift of oblivion" I have...

My df Jane has a 13 year old, and long, lovely gray hair. Her dd often says people think her mom is her grandma. Doesn't bother Jane any. :D

I am an old lady. My oldest is 28 and my youngest is 11. I have been homeschooling for 15 years and have two grandchildren. I have seen a few women here on the boards, who have almost as many children I do or more, who are the age of my oldest. I had no idea there were so many in my age group though.

I'll be 49 in just a few weeks. And, yes, I do feel like the "older lady at the party" in my homeschool circle. One dear lady came over tonight to help me with a project, but she has a 6 month old at home so didn't stay too long. 3 others just had babies since Christmas and 2 more are due this summer. Just this past week, I was conversing with some ladies who were talking about the joys and trials of new babies, nursing, homeschooling with toddlers and preschoolers, PMS. They asked how I was doing and I mentioned I had not had a cycle since July. They were horrified. One dared ask, "Just how old are you?":tongue_smilie:

I'll be 49 in just a few weeks. And, yes, I do feel like the "older lady at the party" in my homeschool circle. One dear lady came over tonight to help me with a project, but she has a 6 month old at home so didn't stay too long. 3 others just had babies since Christmas and 2 more are due this summer. Just this past week, I was conversing with some ladies who were talking about the joys and trials of new babies, nursing, homeschooling with toddlers and preschoolers, PMS. They asked how I was doing and I mentioned I had not had a cycle since July. They were horrified. One dared ask, "Just how old are you?":tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I *LOVE* babies but am SO glad I won't be having anymore, and I can't WAIT to stop having my cycle.

I can't wait to be a grandmother. I want to love on a baby and send it home at the end of the day. :D

I am in my fifties and still going strong. I not only raised three sons to adulthood, I also have grandchildren AND a late in life surprise. My youngest is going to be 12 in May and my oldest grandson is 11.

God does have a sense of humor, doesn't He? :lol:

Blessings,

Lucinda

Sure, I'm 51. I don't think I saw the age post last year, but there is usually at least one per year. This is the first time I've posted in an over 50 thread, though.

My avatar is a photo of my middle dd taken last summer by either my db or my sil, but my previous one was me as a baby, and it definitely looked dated.

I will be 57 in August

I have two grown dds - the oldest will be 32 this Thursday (March 10th) - she is a high school physics teacher, she and her dh have two little girls, 7 and 5, and are expecting a baby the end of October.

2nd oldest is 30, married, on hiatus from medical school while she battles chronic lyme disease.

My 3 dc I am homeschooling are almost 12 (she turns 12 on 3/28) and boy/girl twins who will be 11 at the end of October.

I am not any more tired from homeschooling these three than I was from teaching as a classroom teacher. At least I am spending time with my children.

Hi,

You'll definitely feel better knowing I am 61.

This is our 4th child (the others are grown and out of the home).

We are homeschooling our 16 yr old, 10th gr. daughter and it is our

first year to ever home school. I ask for lots of advice here on the Board and that has been a real help. I also know some people who HS and they have been encouraging and helpful.

I'm figuring this out as I go.

I feel like I'm doing a better job now than I was at the beginning of the school year - so that encourages me.

DD LOVES being HS'd and that's a big plus too.

I'm in my early 50's with an 8th and 9th grader. There is more of us than you think! It's a good feeling to know others are in this journey later in life. After wanting children for so long and finally conceiving in my late 30's, I'm so glad homeschooling was an option and I didn't have to send them off to a school for over 6 hours a day.

Jumping in, too. I'm 54.

my eldest started college this year, youngest is a junior.

My sister told me that I should have kids before I was 36 -- I followed her advice and had my first at 35 and 8 months. -- somehow I don't think that was quite what she meant but it's worked well for us.

~Moira

I'm "only" 43 ;) but since we just adopted two babies, I guess I'll be ancient by the time I'm finished with this homeschooling journey!!

We went for a "classical" adoption in that we discovered that they will be starting first grade just in time to start the four year cycle at the right time! :-) Three times through the history cycle with the bigs and Three times through the history cycle with the littles. That is a LOT of history cycles!!:001_smile:

Thanks for posting this. To be honest, and as others have shared, I also feel out of place age-wise in our local h'school groups (of which I would rank up there as one of the oldest).

At least I don't have to feel awkward here! :hurray:

lagirl....good for you!

I'm 57 - one dd homeschooling her last 2 yrs. of high school. I have been the "oldest mom in the world" according to my kids for a v. long time I am young at heart and in spirit though. That has been the most important thing to me on this journey. The dh will be the big 60 this year.... but, tries to act not a day over 50.

Just turned 56. My boys are now 25, 23, and 17.

When I had the youngest at 39 I had people asking me if it was my first grandchild :glare:.

Raising hand and waving.... I'm 47.5 now, had my youngest at 39 so I guess that means I'll be 56 when my youngest is 17. :D

When she was born, we had a friend's 15yod temporarily living with us and we got similar comments about whose baby it was when we went out in public. :glare: MY oldest was only 7 at the time.

I turned 50 late last year -- my youngest is only 6 yrs old while my eldest is only 12! I get such a chuckle out of chatting with moms with kids the same ages as my youngest at our homeschool group. I can see that most of them are at least 25 years younger than I am. I tell them I'm just a late bloomer.

I get such a chuckle out of chatting with moms with kids the same ages as my youngest at our homeschool group. I can see that most of them are at least 25 years younger than I am. I tell them I'm just a late bloomer.

:lol::lol::lol: You realize, of course, that you just proved your age by saying this, because I did that math. That means that most of them had their 6 year olds at 19 or younger...;) I once told my mother about how young people look and that it was becoming harder to tell which dc are in college or high school (yes, I have started calling teens kids somewhere along the way despite my best intentions) and she told me that she sees plenty of drivers who look to her to be about 12.

I recently turned 48 and have two 5 year old sons. They will officially start K in the fall, although they are learning to read and write and have recently started violin lessons. We are very unstructured around here though. I will be around for a long, long time:tongue_smilie:.

I'm really old! I'm 57 & my boys are 16 & 13. That's what happens when you have your first one at 40!

It's nice to know I'm not alone. Most of the older moms I know at least had their first when they were younger. I turned 42 two months after ds (first and only) was born. I'm not complaining though. We had long since given up, so he was quite a pleasant surprise!