Menu

s/o why do people shower everyday

I noticed in some of the posts that some people don't use soap. I am not criticizing. Just wondering, do you just wash your hair, use a wash cloth, or just let the water drip down and consider that a good cleaning?

I noticed in some of the posts that some people don't use soap. I am not criticizing. Just wondering, do you just wash your hair, use a wash cloth, or just let the water drip down and consider that a good cleaning?

I use shampoo, soap in certain spots ;) and a scrubbie thing (w/no soap) on my arms, legs, back etc. Most times. Sometimes I'll use soap on my whole body.

No soap on my face. Just a washcloth everyday and a facial scrub once a week.

I wash my hair every three days, I use a special wash cloth on my face neck and chest: http://uk.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise/cleanse-and-polish-hot-cloth-cleanser.html, and I occasionally use unscented DR Bronners (but never on my whole body): http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/BAB.htm

I do shave, so I think that removes dirt and stink as well.

I have a bar of Caress maybe? My girlfriend brings soap from Europe, and I swear it's better than the American soaps (who knows)? I use that (rarely) with a wash cloth if I've been working in dirt and clearly need a scrub.

Other than that I've never used soap since childhood. I shower twice a day (therapeutic, for health problems). I'm clean, my skin isn't overly dry, I smell delicious :001_smile: (I've found the perfect oil scents for my body chemistry).

If my skin gets too dry I use an oil in the shower.

To me soap seems drying and (for me) an unnecessary step in grooming. It can also add yet another layer of scent in my life that I don't want.

I only use soap on parts that are visibly dirty, or on parts that are not-so-fresh-smelling. Mostly I skip soap because I have super-sensitive skin, and tend to break out in rashes & hives as a result of using "products". My complexion is otherwise very clear and nice, and people ask me often what skin care regimen I use. Umm...water.

ETA: And yes, I'm one of those every day shower-ers. Helps me to quickly rinse off dirt, sweat, and even more importantly, *allergens* that I may have collected during the day.

To me soap seems drying and (for me) an unnecessary step in grooming. It can also add yet another layer of scent in my life that I don't want.

I haven't used soap on anything resembling a regular basis in years. I shower every day with hot water. I wash my hair with a mild shampoo every four or five days, and I use honey on my face in the shower every day. I don't usually use a wash cloth, but I do rub down with my hands. I promise that I don't smell. You would be amazed what plain old hot water can do.

I haven't used soap on anything resembling a regular basis in years. I shower every day with hot water. I wash my hair with a mild shampoo every four or five days, and I use honey on my face in the shower every day. I don't usually use a wash cloth, but I do rub down with my hands. I promise that I don't smell. You would be amazed what plain old hot water can do.

My mom doesn't use soap either. and she smells fine (has great skin too). She's 65 and has yet to adopt that "old person smell" that miy kids always seem to pick up on. :tongue_smilie:

What does the honey do?

My facial skin used to be combo oily (T-zone) and normal but now it is more like normal (T-zone) and dry.

Thanks!

I quit using soap a couple of years ago because my body chemistry changed and I felt like I was dried out. I use a wash cloth on my body, baking soda on my face (fingertips only), and (believe it or not) Trader Joe's oatmeal and honey soap on my hair. I do still use a regular conditioner but am looking for a substitute.

I shower 2-3 X weekly (unless I've sweated that day due to exercise or heat/ humidity). I wash my face daily with Clean & Clear for sensitive skin. (Then moisturize with Cetaphil) I wash my pits and ..you know..with plain ivory and rince very, very well. I usualy do not use soap on my arms, legs, back or stomach. I do sometimes use a scrungie for friction, but not always. In the winter, I shower as seldom as possible. I wash my hair every other day with shampoo either in the shower or in the sink or leaning over the tub if it's a non-shower day. I keep important areas fresh daily with wipes and wash cloths.

I work out fairly hard 4-5x a week so there's no going without a shower AND soap on those days! But the other days I do not. I really try to go light on soap and sometimes I feel like I can get away with just rinsing my hair with water (it's hard to avoid dandruff when you use shampoo so often), but it's not easy to skip on soap when you stink! LOL

I wash my hair 1-2 times a week, and am not an every day showerer.

I scrub my body with THIS because I don't like the feel of a loofah. I don't just let the water drip down, but I don't use more than water to scrub with either.

If the time of month or extracurricular activities require a more thorough cleaning, I just use a squirt of shampoo to spot-clean the pertinent parts.

:001_smile: