Menu

Help with ideas for science please

clarkacademy

I would do a study with scientists from that era, complete with activities rather than strictly biographies.

I would look at books like these:

Thomas Edison

Darwin & Evolution for Kids

Wright Brothers

Robert Fulton

Michael Faraday

The Way Things Work

You could also add in lots of biographies from that time period and have your child do a science notebook WTM style but I think it would be really fun to focus on the books that also include experiments and activities.

HTH a bit.

I would do a study with scientists from that era, complete with activities rather than strictly biographies.

I would look at books like these:

Thomas Edison

Darwin & Evolution for Kids

Wright Brothers

Robert Fulton

Michael Faraday

The Way Things Work

You could also add in lots of biographies from that time period and have your child do a science notebook WTM style but I think it would be really fun to focus on the books that also include experiments and activities.

HTH a bit.

THOSE BOOKS LOOK AWESOME thanks Jane I hope my library carries some or do you know a great priced place?

THOSE BOOKS LOOK AWESOME thanks Jane I hope my library carries some or do you know a great priced place?

No, sorry, no fantastic source that I know of since I got mine from the library. I've used the "For Kids..." series because my library carries them (they're great!!) and I was fortunate enough to pick up The New Way Things Work at a garage sale a while back.