Menu

If you have used both FLL and CLE LA

Quiver0f10

hmmm.... CLE would not be my first choice, then because although it has lots of review, it is meant to be self-taught from 3rd on up. Also, my LD son found it confusing as it skips from one subject to the next. FLL would be the better choice, in my opinion or stick with R&S doing as you have been.

Jean,

I've used both FLL 1- 4 and CLE 5 & 6. I just finished CLE 500 with my 11yo dyslexic son.

I would choose FLL. It can be accomplished in 3 days per week which is a huge plus when you need to spend time on other basic skills. The lesson is balanced between oral review and written work, but the written work is not taxing or redundant. There is plenty of review in FLL, but the review is focused around one skill in each lesson.

CLE is thorough, but it skips around. It also has spelling built into the lesson, but the spelling lessons were ineffective for my dyslexic ds, so we skipped them. CLE was a drain to my ds this year. It took too much of his limited productive time to complete a lesson. I like CLE for my non-dyslexic 13yo, but it was too much for my son who needs extra help.

HTH,

We've used CLE LA (just the grammar) for almost 2 years, and I have to be involved in every step. My son can do CLE math independently, but the LA is a little harder for him to keep straight. After we finish CLE 310 we will go through FLL 2 to review, and I'll supplement with some worksheets for extra practice.