Menu

Enjoying my Tax Return gifts to myself...well for the school room

I am loving my new purchases for our school room. Funny how school stuff seems like gifts for me!!!

I purchased a Canon laser printer and the Proclick binding system. Dh thinks I am crazy for getting so excited about office supplies!!!!

Now all of our MM has been made into nice little workbooks. And, I made copies for the rest of the school year in less time than it was taking me to make them for one week since I got a printer with automatic document feed copying.

Woohoo!

Sandi,

Where did you purchase your Pro Click? Is it like this http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/733211/GBC-ProClick-P50-Binding-Machine/ ??

I want one :D. Please share the details! The printer sounds amazing too. Sheesh. We do print a lot (Math Mammoth) and I'd LOVE to bind those sheets for my kids too. Thanks for sharing!

I've been ordering books for next school year. A new order every week, whatever we can afford without losing a utility :lol: The results are starting to come in and dh is getting concerned. He's worried that I'm developing a strange connection to books. Now he's wondering if I'm going to replace him with history texts. :lol:

I don't think it's wierd at all! But then, well, my dh would say that's just proof to the contrary ;)

I have always loved school supplies, even before we homeschooled. I would always buy the free and cheap supplies during the summer sales (CVS, etc) and then my kids wouldn't even need them! I would donate them of course! Now that we homeschool, I have quite a supply and I really. need. to. stop!

Sandi,

Where did you purchase your Pro Click? Is it like this http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/733211/GBC-ProClick-P50-Binding-Machine/ ??

I want one :D. Please share the details! The printer sounds amazing too. Sheesh. We do print a lot (Math Mammoth) and I'd LOVE to bind those sheets for my kids too. Thanks for sharing!

That's the one. I purchased it in the store though and it was $10 cheaper. I got the Proclick spines in sizes for up to 25 sheets and up to 85 sheets and the plastic covers. I am going to order some spiral spines for larger jobs that will not need to be taken apart later. The holes that the machine punch will correspond with 3:1 sized spirals and you can crimp the ends with heated plyers. Spirals are cheaper, but I like the proclick spines for most things since I will bind them while we are using them, but once completed, I will remove the spines and the plastic covers for reuse on other things. I may bind some of our notebooking stuff and the proclick spines allow you to open them and add to your notebook.

That's the one. I purchased it in the store though and it was $10 cheaper. I got the Proclick spines in sizes for up to 25 sheets and up to 85 sheets and the plastic covers. I am going to order some spiral spines for larger jobs that will not need to be taken apart later. The holes that the machine punch will correspond with 3:1 sized spirals and you can crimp the ends with heated plyers. Spirals are cheaper, but I like the proclick spines for most things since I will bind them while we are using them, but once completed, I will remove the spines and the plastic covers for reuse on other things. I may bind some of our notebooking stuff and the proclick spines allow you to open them and add to your notebook.

Thanks for the details! I'll check the store. We get OD coupons in the mail regularly as well. I told DH that it's on my school wish list and he groaned :D.

I love office supplies! Hmmm.. I'm thinking a Pro Click would be pretty cool...

Our new Keekaroo chair with seat cushion arrived this week. And your post reminded me to ask my husband to purchase a 4'x6' whiteboard that he promised he'd get us with the tax return. He said he would order it right away, so I hope we get that soon.