Menu

I need to buy a globe and maps

kristinannie

I am going to do geography next year and I am having a lot of trouble finding a nice globe that will withstand years of use. I am also looking for some nice maps that I can hang on the wall. I was thinking that I could get those maps we used to have in school with all of the different regions that you can pull down. I don't know how much those cost though. I would like to have something heavy duty so we can refer to them throughout the years of homeschooling. Plus, they will help decorate the wall in there!!!!

I I was thinking that I could get those maps we used to have in school with all of the different regions that you can pull down. I don't know how much those cost though. I would like to have something heavy duty so we can refer to them throughout the years of homeschooling. Plus, they will help decorate the wall in there!!!!

I know our public school system has a sale every year and those heavy duty pull down maps have been on the sale list before. You might call your local public school's district office and find out if they have a sale at the end of the year where they get rid of things & if they ever have those type of maps for sale. It might be an economical way of getting those maps because I think otherwise they are pretty expensive.

check amazon for "Roller maps" I just recently got a great US/World combo kit for $153 and was able to use my amazon prime shipping. It looks like they are out of stock now, but they have many others to pick from. I love that it can roll up out of the way. I did find someone locally selling old ones from a PS, but those didn't work well with dry erase markers, the ones I got from amazon are heavily laminated so I can use dry or wet erase markers on them very easily.

check amazon for "Roller maps" I just recently got a great US/World combo kit for $153 and was able to use my amazon prime shipping. It looks like they are out of stock now, but they have many others to pick from. I love that it can roll up out of the way. I did find someone locally selling old ones from a PS, but those didn't work well with dry erase markers, the ones I got from amazon are heavily laminated so I can use dry or wet erase markers on them very easily.

THANKS!!!!! That is exactly what I was looking for! :party:

THANKS!!!!! That is exactly what I was looking for! :party:

Glad I could help. I absolutely LOVE mine. We use them much more now that I can just pull them down instead of having to try to find wall space to keep them up and make sure everyone can see them.

How much room do you have on your wall? The cheapest world map I could find was a 6' x 9' Rand McNalley for about $85. But when it arrived, I discovered that the reason that it was so much cheaper was because it was made to be wallpapered to wall. Fortunately, I have a very capable dh, and the map has held up really well considering all the dirty little fingers that touch it every day.

I saw that. I'm not starting school until July so we should be good to go!

Keep an eye on it, I just got mine 2 weeks ago and it was instock at amazon then so I got it in two days. There are also other buying options through amazon marketplace for a little bit more.