Menu

Practical tips for dealing with stress and depression needed.

So, here's the scoop. I'm totally sick with chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and several other equally unpleasant things, including severe nutritional def. I really suspect that these mostly stem from a bacterial infection and will be getting a stool analysis soon to see exactly what we are dealing with...I can see the critters in my stool(not always the case). I have terrible digestion. If you'd like to learn more about how the gut affects the mind (which has been researched and proven over and over) you can read more about it here.) I hope to have some definitive answers soon! Anyways, this diet (linked article) helps me TONS when I can manage to do it. It is hard on many levels to stay diligent with it. Anyways, a couple of other things we have done so far to help me manage is to, one, stop having children! I always wanted a large family as I grew up with tons of cousins, aunts and uncles and just loved it. Having babies is just too hard on me though and I need to be able to take care of the ones I have. I struggled with my own desires and outside pressure for some time, but have come to the place that I accept this and believe it is the best thing for all involved. My youngest is 2 and a half. 2. My house has been really clean lately and that has helped my mood so much. And I just started Motivated Moms which is helping me even more so. I love MM! The thing is though that I've had to cut way back on schooling in order to keep the house clean. I'm okay with that as I just couldn't handle the stress of trying to do it all. So, 3. we're just focusing on the 3 R's right now, but do get informal history and science and what not in as well.

Something I *really* need help with is that we has a friend come stay with us and it was the worst decision ever. He is a great roommate and pays rent, but it is just too hard having some else here! We already have very limited family time as it is. I have talked to dh about this repeatedly and now feel like it's a power struggle. Times that dh would have been spent with the dc or me are now often spent with this friend (his best guy friend). I am jealous! Because we are coming from a past of me practically raising our four children (oldest is seven) myself due to dh needing to work from before the kids and I woke up and well after their bedtime, just make matters that much worse. I still just want this roommate out and I just feel stuck.

Are there any other tips that you have to help me take care of myself during this time? Once, I started to be really purposeful about taking care of me and loving MYSELF and being honest with my limitations/stress threshold, things have been so much better...selfish creature that I am. ;) I would greatly appreciate any further ideas/advice! I'm tired and I haven't slept much recently, so I hope this all make some sense.

Some of you may remember me as 'mommyjen'.

Edited by JENinOR

re: the roommate. I'd ask DH the exact reason the guy is there. He may be getting something out of that relationship that he was missing, i.e. guy time. Or your DH might feel the money is really helping out.

You sure are putting up with a lot. I can totally see why you're depressed and stressed. I'm sorry you're in that position. :grouphug: