Menu

Heart Attack Grill?!!!

You know what I think is kinda sad? A lot of people are going to point at this man and connect his weight & career to his death immediately.... but it says that he died from contracting pneumonia after having the flu. That can happen to ANYONE - that's what happened in a lot of the "swine flu" deaths.

The restaurant.. eh, it's a gimmick. It's not meant to be taken seriously - I think it's more like those places with the giant steaks that offer you $100 if you can eat the whole thing.

You know what I think is kinda sad? A lot of people are going to point at this man and connect his weight & career to his death immediately.... but it says that he died from contracting pneumonia after having the flu.

Obesity is a known risk factor for contracting pneumonia, however:

"After accounting for factors such as lifestyle and education, moderately obese men -- those with a BMI between 30 and 34.9 -- had a 40 percent greater risk of pneumonia compared with those of normal weight (BMI of less than 24.9). Men who were severely obese, having a BMI greater than 35, were twice as likely to get pneumonia."

I bet the Heart Attack Grill is kicking themselves for that advertising plan. It is likely the man was overweight way before he ever ate there so it is a coincidence. Unfortunately for the business, people may really believe the restaurant lived up to it's name.

29 is so young. It is really sad. I wish that instead of capitalizing on his condition, he could have found someone to help him.

You know what I think is kinda sad? A lot of people are going to point at this man and connect his weight & career to his death immediately.... but it says that he died from contracting pneumonia after having the flu. That can happen to ANYONE - that's what happened in a lot of the "swine flu" deaths.

The restaurant.. eh, it's a gimmick. It's not meant to be taken seriously - I think it's more like those places with the giant steaks that offer you $100 if you can eat the whole thing.

:iagree: