Menu

Considering getting rid of satellite - how do you get sports?

I'd like to get rid of our Direct TV. We don't watch tv much at all except for during football season when my kids and husband enjoy watching the games. It seems stupid to keep paying for a service we only use about 4 months of the year. However, dh really enjoys it - though this year he even dumped the Sunday ticket.

So, here's my question - can you stream live sports to a flat screen? Dh is not into watching a game on one of our dinky laptops. How does one go about doing this? Help!!

Thanks!

We have an antenna that picks up all the major channels - ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and PBS. We are able to watch most football games on those - except the ones on ESPN. If you are in an area that you can pick up broadcast, this may be an option of you.

:iagree: That's all we have, and there are plenty of sports available. Very rarely, dh will go to a sports restaurant like Glory Days, and watch something special there. (They don't show much Penn State football 'round here...LOL)

With the new digital channels, we get a couple of extra sports channels thru the regular broadcast--there's often skiing and other less-popular sports on those. It's like NBC, but instead of channel 4, it's channel 4.3, for example. We don't pay anything for it.

We have an antenna that picks up all the major channels - ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and PBS. We are able to watch most football games on those - except the ones on ESPN. If you are in an area that you can pick up broadcast, this may be an option of you.

:iagree: This is how my husband watches most sports. We also have an old laptop cabled to the TV. DH streams some things from his computer to the laptop, he then uses the TV as the monitor. I think the software he uses is called Front Row. (Both his computer and the laptop are Macs.)