Menu

Please pray for my ds. He's sick and it's affecting his heart!

Ds (14) has been watched been in cardiology care for 10 years for tricuspid valve prolapse. He's done very, very well and has been only seeing his cardiologist once per year.

He came down sick this afternoon with some sort of upper respiratory crud. He's running a temp and his heart is occasionally racing and skipping beats. His fever isn't high enough to necessarily make me call his cardiologist. But, if it goes any higher, I will. He's really upset because he had hoped that this coming August, he would be released from care due to being so stable for so long.

We had to fire out pediatrician, our new doc went overseas, our new, new doc has never seen him and is out of town, so if this fever hits 103, we'll be headed to the hospital and it won't be the local one because it's a tiny hospital with no cardiology department, no pediatric department, and no on call cardiologist. So, we'll have a 50 minute drive and it's only 7 degrees outside.

All who pray, all who think good thoughts, please pray that ds's fever comes down and his heart stops racing. He's still going to have to see his cardiologist, but an ER visit and waking his ped cardiologist in the night, is going to stress him out in a big way and that doesn't help anything. He doesn't want me to know that he's crying, but I can feel the tears on his cheeks. He's a big boy now and doesn't EVER cry so his stress level is off the charts.

Thank you,

Faith

As a fellow cardio family, our heart is with you. Our 15 yr old was born with ASD, VSD, transposition of the great arteries, and a hole in heart. She is still in cardio care, and forever will be. But even the flu, or simple infection from an ear piercing could be life threatening for her, so we know the worry and stress. I hope your son comes through this ok. Our prayers are with you... ((((HUGS))))

Ds (14) has been watched been in cardiology care for 10 years for tricuspid valve prolapse. He's done very, very well and has been only seeing his cardiologist once per year.

He came down sick this afternoon with some sort of upper respiratory crud. He's running a temp and his heart is occasionally racing and skipping beats. His fever isn't high enough to necessarily make me call his cardiologist. But, if it goes any higher, I will. He's really upset because he had hoped that this coming August, he would be released from care due to being so stable for so long.

We had to fire out pediatrician, our new doc went overseas, our new, new doc has never seen him and is out of town, so if this fever hits 103, we'll be headed to the hospital and it won't be the local one because it's a tiny hospital with no cardiology department, no pediatric department, and no on call cardiologist. So, we'll have a 50 minute drive and it's only 7 degrees outside.

All who pray, all who think good thoughts, please pray that ds's fever comes down and his heart stops racing. He's still going to have to see his cardiologist, but an ER visit and waking his ped cardiologist in the night, is going to stress him out in a big way and that doesn't help anything. He doesn't want me to know that he's crying, but I can feel the tears on his cheeks. He's a big boy now and doesn't EVER cry so his stress level is off the charts.

Thank you,

Faith

:grouphug::grouphug: I had a mitral valve replacement in '98 and I sometimes wake up an irregular heart beat. It is disconcerting, scary, and a tad bit irritating.:grouphug::grouphug: It's OK to be upset.

Is he able to make it stop when he "bears down" like during a BM? I'm glad to hear that you're headed to a doctor, ER or making a call though. Even if it's just nothing it's better to know than to be worried.

My daughter was born with an ASD and has times when her heart is racing. Dehydration doesn't help the matter either.

If his heart is skipping beats I would get him to the ER quick and fast. Medical problems are hard for kids. The older they get the more they just want to be like everyone else. We just have to remind them that they are strong and can get through this and that God made them this way for a reason.