Menu

Do you recommend any online flower delivery companies?

Thinking about ordering for mother's Day, have you had good luck with any of the online companies?

How do they do it? Do they ship the flowers through shipping companies like UPS or do they outsource to local shops?

Thanks,

Tap

We've used ProFlowers.com three or four times now and have been pleased with speed of delivery and quality of the flowers. The shipping rates can be high depending on how quickly you need them and the day of delivery (Saturdays are higher, I believe). And the flowers come wrapped in tissue and need to be arranged, so if the person would hate it not being already in the vase and ready to set out, then FTD or someplace that does use local florists might be better.

I've used 1800 Flowers many times over the past 6 years or so and have never had a bad experience with them. They use local florists, whereas ProFlowers sends their flowers unarranged directly from growers. I've heard good things about PF, just haven't tried 'em.

Proflowers for about 4-5 years now. We love them and the flowers are fresh and beautiful! The only drawback I've heard is a complaint that they come unarranged, so if you know someone would not like to trim up and stick the flowers in water themselves, then a more traditional company might be better. I think Proflowers does have some arrangements, though, but the bunches of flowers come fresh from the fields! :)

I have used Calyx a number of times. They have always sent unbelievably high-quality flowers and plants. THey ship direct form their own growers, using FedEx. My experience is that they offer more elegant and/or exotic selections than local flower shops. They are pricey, to be sure! For the person I send flowers to, the novelty is an important part of the gift.

www.calyxflowers.com

Karen