Menu

This May Sound Stupid...

I know that this is probably going to sound really stupid, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this...reassurance is good too :lol:

Quite often, I have the sensation that my bad arm is rocking on the cusp of my shoulder socket. Its bad. Sooner or later, I'm scared that its finally just going to dislocate, as the muscles and tendons aren't being worked as normal, and therefore are weakened.

Here's what really freaks me out. A woman showing up in an ER with a dislocated shoulder, her husband is going to be suspected of domestic violence. Its SOP from what I understand, because of the force it would normally take to cause a dislocation...especially as this sensation tends to start late at night.

This is in my head b/c I've been dealing with the rocking sensation since last night.

And for the record, Wolf's one of those guys that would perform self surgery to give up a kidney before even thinking of touching someone in anger.

Yes, this is the kind of thing that occurs to me when I'm up all night in pain. *sigh*

If you can explain that it's related to your condition and the fact that there aren't any bruised on your arm (something that would be there if he had grabbed your arm), I would not see why there would be a problem. Perhaps see your dr instead of going to the ER?

If you can explain that it's related to your condition and the fact that there aren't any bruised on your arm (something that would be there if he had grabbed your arm), I would not see why there would be a problem. Perhaps see your dr instead of going to the ER?

RSD often has swelling, and most Drs have never heard of it.

I'm just coming up with weird ideas, bizarre crud to worry about, cause ya know, I don't have enough going on. ;)

Honestly. The stuff that goes through my head when I'm working on my 2nd - 3rd day of sleep deprivation.

Have you considered discussing it with your regular doctor in relation to the issues he is familiar with so that it is in your medical record as an ongoing problem? Another thought would be to research information about spontaneous shoulder dislocations in people with significant atrophy and take the information with you if you have to go to the ER.

Hopefully it doesn't get bad enough to have to go to the hospital. :grouphug:

someone is in the ER here they will seperate the person and ask if they feel in danger and are being abused. They asked my husband if I was abusing him. :001_huh:

It will be ok.

I hope your shoulder if feeling better.

IMP (((HUGS))),

If you could get some sleep, deep REM sleep, that would probably really help.

I do know how you feel on a smaller level. When I am very anemic, about twice per year no matter what I do about food and supplements, I bruise in really odd places. Small of the back even when I haven't bumped against anything, inside of the upper arm, back of the legs, tops of the feet, etc. I have worried in the past that dh would be viewed suspiciously. It has caused me in the past to wear long sleeves in the summer just to keep my arms hidden, no shorts, etc. I did just once choose not to go to the ER when I thought I might have broken my arm because I was really afraid they'd call the police and DH would be hassled. I was just bleeding terribly under the skin and on top of that, the fall was just soooo stupid - completely clutsy - that I was afraid the ER staff wouldn't believe me. So, I didn't go and waited it out. It wasn't broken, but it was a pretty dumb thing to risk and especially as, when not a full time homeschooling mom, I am a professional pianist!

So, my advice is soul food, sleep if you can manage it, and try not to think about it. You have a full medical file that says what the problem is and Wolf can hold his own even if he were hassled a bit.

Faith