Menu

The Little Prince (the book) -- Does anyone else cry when reading this?

Boy, I read aloud the part about the prince being upset because there were so many flowers just like his when he thought his was so special, and then the fox explained things to him (the taming part).

It took everything not to cry while reading it. The boys tease me because I cry a lot when I read aloud (especially biographies when they talk about them dying).

Even Ben said, "Mom, this is sort of sad."

I adore this book. Quite possibly my favorite book ever, definitely on my top 5 list. My college does a marathon reading of Le Petit Prince each year.

It doesn't make me cry, but the whole book just has so much meaning. I'm actually getting the part about taming tattooed on my leg (in French) with my dogs footprint. :tongue_smilie:

Boy, I read aloud the part about the prince being upset because there were so many flowers just like his when he thought his was so special, and then the fox explained things to him (the taming part).

It took everything not to cry while reading it. The boys tease me because I cry a lot when I read aloud (especially biographies when they talk about them dying).

Even Ben said, "Mom, this is sort of sad."

This is my favorite book of all time. I read it a couple times a year. I have a couple copies of my favorite translation, plus the Latin and French. I cry every time I read it.

[quote name=MorganClassicalPrep;2482892

It doesn't make me cry' date=' but the whole book just has so much meaning. I'm actually getting the part about taming tattooed on my leg (in French) with my dogs footprint. :tongue_smilie:[/quote]

I'm getting apprivoise tattooed to my wrist in Austin next month.

One of my very favorite books is by Torey Hayden, a teacher of emotionally disturbed children (among other jobs she's had). It's called, One Child, and it's the story of her interactions with an abused/neglected little 6 year old girl. Turns out the child is a genius. She reads The Little Prince, and tells the teacher that the teacher "tamed" her, and is now responsible for her. There are quotes throughout the story--very, very affecting.

You might enjoy One Child.