Menu

What was the resolution to the supposed kidnapping

I think he's dead, I think She was involved, I think they suspected Her all along and asked her to continue with her normal life to see if she'd slip up. She's done too many fishy things. I say keep up the search just to make her sweat.

Yet another reason to not get divorced. :(

So heartbreaking. He looks so happy and adorable in that infamous "facebook" photo. Reminds me of one of my boys and makes me so sad.

Here's what bugs me about this investigation. For the step mom to get away with this for this long (in addition to being unspeakably evil) she would need to be be organized and intelligent, and even so she would probably still need help from another party. She certainly doesn't come off as particularly intelligent, savvy or charming in the interviews. How could she pull this off and get away with it for so long?

I can see a random stranger/opportunity crime thing happening, like Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping, where there is very little prior connection between the victim and the criminal, so the criminal was able to swoop in and swoop out without a trace. I just can't see this woman withstanding so much scrutiny for so long and not giving something away.

So heartbreaking. He looks so happy and adorable in that infamous "facebook" photo. Reminds me of one of my boys and makes me so sad.

Here's what bugs me about this investigation. For the step mom to get away with this for this long (in addition to being unspeakably evil) she would need to be be organized and intelligent, and even so she would probably still need help from another party. She certainly doesn't come off as particularly intelligent, savvy or charming in the interviews. How could she pull this off and get away with it for so long?

I can see a random stranger/opportunity crime thing happening, like Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping, where there is very little prior connection between the victim and the criminal, so the criminal was able to swoop in and swoop out without a trace. I just can't see this woman withstanding so much scrutiny for so long and not giving something away.

The bolded is part of what has me not suspecting the step-mom so much any more. And infact, I suspect the bio-parents more than her. They've spent a LOT of time in front of the media (at least locally) dragging her character through the mud, and keeping all eyes on her, and yet no compelling evidence has been found to at least make her an official police suspect? I think it was a stranger abduction as well, and wouldn't be surprised if the stranger was known to one or both of the bio-parents.

I think not giving it away is more dependent on what you don't have (a conscience) than what you do have (intelligence.) There is a certain kind of ability to pull off evil that doesn't depend on a whole lot of smarts, but on a lifetime of devious, self-serving behavior.

I do wonder why the police told her husband that she'd tried to hire someone to kill him but never arrested her.

Are you talking about Kyron Horman? If so there is no resolution yet. They have found no body, and have not charged anyone. The stepmother is very suspicious, and in fact left Portland and now lives closer to me. Kyrons mom has been putting signs up and asking people to ask the step mom where he is.:confused:

My son is a policeman in the Portland Metro area and has to be careful what he says when I've asked questions about the Horman case, but what I've gathered over the months is this: They have kept the case open and are still investigating. There is a LOT more to this case than the public is allowed to know. The investigators have to wait and be sure that they have an airtight case in order to avoid the guilty party getting off without paying for their crime.

I believe that the boy is dead. It's so sad, so very, very sad.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Yeah, Portland Area here too. I tried to keep an open mind about the step mom. I saw first hand what trial by media can do to an innocent family. I was also trying to keep optimistic that they would find him, especially after being so scared initially. My son is the same age as Kyron and this supposed stranger abduction happened so close to where we live. Terri Hormon's friend Didi that they think also had something to do with this lived less than 2 miles from me (she has moved). We had the police racing all around etc...

I have a friend in the know who told me that they know a lot, but it is still all circumstantial and that they only have one chance to try Terri and make it stick. This one is not going to turn out like Elizabeth Smart unfortunately.

The bolded is part of what has me not suspecting the step-mom so much any more. And infact, I suspect the bio-parents more than her. They've spent a LOT of time in front of the media (at least locally) dragging her character through the mud, and keeping all eyes on her, and yet no compelling evidence has been found to at least make her an official police suspect? I think it was a stranger abduction as well, and wouldn't be surprised if the stranger was known to one or both of the bio-parents.

I am not trying to be smarmy but if the abductor is KNOWN by the family, it is not a stranger abduction.

That's why people say you should watch out more for people you KNOW in regard to harming your kids than for the stranger abductions.

Are you talking about Kyron Horman? If so there is no resolution yet. They have found no body, and have not charged anyone. The stepmother is very suspicious, and in fact left Portland and now lives closer to me. Kyrons mom has been putting signs up and asking people to ask the step mom where he is.:confused:

Wow. That is an interesting situation.

Just playing Devil's Advocate: What if the stepmom is innocent? Could what the mom is doing be considered harassment?

Wow. That is an interesting situation.

Just playing Devil's Advocate: What if the stepmom is innocent? Could what the mom is doing be considered harassment?

The first suspect in the Smart case was innocent. He died in jail waiting for a hearing. He certainly wasn't a stalwart of society, but wasn't guilty. He was the only father his step son knew and he was treated badly.

The first suspect in the Smart case was innocent. He died in jail waiting for a hearing. He certainly wasn't a stalwart of society, but wasn't guilty. He was the only father his step son knew and he was treated badly.

I remember that. Did he have a heart attack?

I didn't know that. What a terribly tragedy.

Here's what bugs me about this investigation. For the step mom to get away with this for this long (in addition to being unspeakably evil) she would need to be be organized and intelligent, and even so she would probably still need help from another party.

I deal with murderers and people who then go murder (after I've known them). I would not say bright is necessary to get rid of a body. It was not as if they were in downtown P-land, but out on the edge, near a huge river. She didn't have to trick the kid to come with her. He would have gone trustingly. One kush on the head and into the river. Over and done with.

But really, I don't think really clever is needed to murder and get away with it. Just recently there was a very old case cracked via DNA. The man met another man on the plane, went to a motel room, robbed and murdered him and left. They thought it might be this guy, but it took DNA to figure it out. The guy was not Mr. Brilliant, just had some luck.

You are thinking it is you. That you'd "crack". There are people out there who don't have that tendency (of course, once caught many get very piteous and sorry).

You are thinking it is you. That you'd "crack". There are people out there who don't have that tendency (of course, once caught many get very piteous and sorry).

Plus the stepmother hired an excellent criminal defense attorney, and gave up having any contact with her toddler daughter so she wouldn't have to testify at a custody hearing -- she's taking the 5th. She failed a bunch of lie detector tests, too, before she refused to take any more.

All she has to do is remain silent and hope no one finds the little boy's body, or if they do, that they cannot tie it to her in any way after all this time.

Edited by RoughCollie