Menu

Photo-blogged on first week with Singapore 1B

Satori

:thumbup1: We love Singapore Math and are on 1A right now (started with Earlybird) and reading your post makes me think that the HIG would really be worth getting...I initially thought I would be fine with just the textbook and workbook (which we have) but I am wondering if I am missing key points by not having the HIG...something else to add to the wish list, LOL!!

Love it! We're about to finish up 4B but I am loving the ability to see the earlier Singapore books as we just started SM this year. I definitely think we'll use the Standards books for my younger two. We've only ever used the US books for my older ds(10). Great blog post! THANKS!! :)

Really helpful review! If you had to do it over would you have supplemented Right Start B with Singapore 1A? I just ordered RightStart A for my 4.5 year old to go along with Singapore EB Math. Was it helpful to do part of RS level B or would you have moved directly from RightStart A into Singapore 1A and not have invested the extra 100 dollars into RightStart B?

How many times did I tell you? :D

Bill

It was already ORDERED and on the shelf BEFORE we discussed . . . :D The good news is that according to Singapore, if I LIKE SP for my youngers, then we can easily change over to standards. :D It is still Singapore after all. Sheesh. I don't know why I'm flipping out. Many folk have used U.S. Edition and done swimmingly. It's just fear . . . silly silly. :tongue_smilie:

Did you think of buying the Math Sprints? I haven't heard anyone use the Math Sprints book on this forum, but they seem like they are an important part of the program.

From the website, "Math Sprints is recommended for teachers to use with their students to help them gain speed and accuracy in all computation skills. It includes some drill on basic math facts, but primarily goes beyond the basic facts to other mental math skills."

Thanks again for the review, it was so helpful.

Really helpful review! If you had to do it over would you have supplemented Right Start B with Singapore 1A? I just ordered RightStart A for my 4.5 year old to go along with Singapore EB Math. Was it helpful to do part of RS level B or would you have moved directly from RightStart A into Singapore 1A and not have invested the extra 100 dollars into RightStart B?

Thanks, that was very helpful! My daughter is just finishing up RS A and I have the same questions.

Thanks for sharing! That was a very helpful post. I'm looking forward to starting at the beginning of Singapore with my 2 youngest. I kept going back and forth between Saxon and Singapore making my poor child do both because I felt that he was going to miss something. :blushing: Singapore definitely won my heart in the end. My DS just finished 4B and is getting ready to start 5A. He's sooooo much happier with Singapore as his sole program. :D

If I had to do it all over again, I would still start with RightStart A in Kindergarten. We did most of Singapore Earlybird A, but I didn't feel comfortable using it for some reason.

If I knew what I know now, I am not sure whether I would transfer to Singapore 1A straight from finishing RightStart A. I would probably attempt to do both Singapore 1A/B and RightStart B at the same time, but that might be too much for me. We learned very good habits from RS, I think it was worth the extra effort for us to work with RightStart. I'd still love to finish RS B. But math is less of an effort to teach now with Singapore, and thus, math will be getting done everyday.

I haven't ordered Math Sprints, but I meant to try it out. Next time I order, I'll get that and try it out.