Menu

Where to take my 3rd grader for testing? GA

Guest all_purpose_ivy

Guest all_purpose_ivy

Need help finding a person to administer a test for my 3rd Grader. This will be the first "required" test she is to take. Do I need to pre-order the test? Is there a location for testing on the southside of Atlanta? Also, any specific allowances for ADHD students? Any help is appreciated! :grouphug:

I don't know where you are located, but I know you can "sign up" for ITBS testing here...

What? ITBS Testing

Where? Westridge Christian Academy, Marietta, GA

When? Apr. 25 & 27 (Test Dates) 9AM - 1PM

Cost? $75

Registration Ends February 25!

Please visit www.westridgechristian.com and click on the ITBS Registration form.

You may mail the form along with your check to...

Westridge Christian Academy

3894 Due West Rd.

Marietta, GA 30064

HTH...btw where are you? We're in Newnan-I have 1st and 2nd grade dds.

oh, duh, just saw you requested something for the southside...Marietta wouldn't be too bad though :o

Edited by krwsmum

I have heard that you can order tests to administer at home that would meet the requirement. Maybe that would work better if you can't find what you need or if you need to create certain conditions? I don't know the website where you order them, maybe someone else will chime in? I have also been told that you can get your child tested at many of those tutoring places one on one.

Here's one listing of testing sites in Georgia (it's associated with Classical Conversations).

LEAD in Decatur offers testing each year, but we're actually testing this week (it's usually the last week of Feb / first week of March) and have registration in November each year.

Your local school district may allow home schoolers to participate in the ITBS with them each year, and if they do, it's usually free. Many people don't care to be so involved with their local school district however. (I know people who've done it through DeKalb Co, but I never have...)

Also, call any local home school groups and ask... I'm not really sure what's down south of the city, but I know there *are* some groups... Homeschool Hangout in Alpharetta offers testing, but that's probably the other side of the world for you. I believe the Master's Academy locations usually offer testing, but again, I don't know if any are close to you.

Also, sometimes private schools (especially smaller ones) will allow you to test with their students.

Or, if you have a degree, BJU is easy to work with to administer the test yourself at home.

Guest all_purpose_ivy

Thanks for all the help...Betterway was my first option. I will just make a day trip out to Marrietta in May or I could have my sister administer the test. I sure wish I had completed my degree.