Menu

Hillbilly Housewife recipies

I do not like them. I have tried a couple and I just thought they were so bland and if I modify them to my liking it causes the budget to go up a little. Are there any other sites that have menus for a full day that are budget friendly?

Also not free, but it's a book, so you can get plenty of use out of it. My copy of Saving Dinner has completely fallen apart and is held together by rubber bands :D. I find that if I follow her dinner plan, which is heavy on fresh veggies, I actually end up saving a lot of $$. It's not full day menus, but we just have pretty standard fare for breakfast (eggs, bagels, oatmeal, etc.) and lunch is often leftovers.

There may be 2 recipes in the whole book that my family doesn't rave over. I love that it is arranged seasonally, so you're buying the vegetable that are in season. 8 thumbs up from our family.

Also not free, but it's a book, so you can get plenty of use out of it. My copy of Saving Dinner has completely fallen apart and is held together by rubber bands :D. I find that if I follow her dinner plan, which is heavy on fresh veggies, I actually end up saving a lot of $$. It's not full day menus, but we just have pretty standard fare for breakfast (eggs, bagels, oatmeal, etc.) and lunch is often leftovers.

There may be 2 recipes in the whole book that my family doesn't rave over. I love that it is arranged seasonally, so you're buying the vegetable that are in season. 8 thumbs up from our family.

Thanks for the suggestion. My local library system has it, so I requested it!

One that I like is $5 Dinner Mom. She has a website and a book. Actually she just came out with a breakfast/lunch/snack book on the same idea. That Dinner Book has helped us alot! I have a 4 week menu. Once we are done, we start over basically. I do have a few back-up meal ideas when the planned meal will not work (like I forgot to defrost the meat!). Also, if you don't like a recipe, then you can fill it in with a different one.

:iagree: Especially the "fallen apart" part :lol:. She also has some breakfast and lunch ideas (not free) on her website. They are usually tastie and healthy.