Menu

My 16 yo just scored some brownie points

My MIL loved to tell the story of my DH bringing her a bouquet of flowers around age 8 or 9 and saying, "my heart's waiting for you, mama." And my kids and I loved hearing it. You may be telling this story for a long time to come, so he had better get used to hearing it!

LauraD in MN

That IS so sweet! My 16yo ds has never brought in some flowers after mowing the lawn! BUT, he was in a group of his friends once, and saw me coming. He said, "Here comes my mom, I'll probably need to go." Then he smiled and said, "Mom, I told them how you did ________ ( I don't want to be the one that tells you all what he was talking about ! :lol: ) Can you show these guys? So I did. Then he said, "Isn't that cool? My mom's the best!" It surprised me---he was proud of me, and he's a teenager!!!

Anyway, I am so glad your son loves you enough to think of you, and follow through on it by bringing you flowers! That's a very precious memory. You need to SCRAPBOOK IT!!! :D And save the flowers!