Menu

I think dd13 just changed her mind!

mommy4ever

My dd13 has been contemplating going back to school next year. This is fine, it is up to her. This was a trial year. HOWEVER, I mentioned we found a curriculum that she might be interested in. One Year Adventure Novel. She got so excited. However, if she's in school, I don't have funding for her curricula. And it isn't a cheap curriculum. So we sat down and had a discussion. IF she's in school, it'll be costly to get, on top of her school fees. She'll be really busy, and really won't have the time commitment to do the OYAN. While she wanted to back to school, she wasn't too keen on going back to her own school. This will be grade 9, so if she chooses a different school, it's for 1 year, and then we need to do all the paperwork again, and she won't have any long term friends again.

So, after some thought, she is really wanting to try her hand at writing. She's been writing stories for a couple year, but struggles with various aspects of the creative process. If she stays home one more year, she'll have time to devote to the course! So she is leaning towards it.

A couple months ago, she was wanting to go to school because she was lonely for her friends, but in the last 4 to 6 weeks, she has started making new friends within the homeschool community, and i think that need has now been met.

So I may have my eldest girl home for next year too! WOOHOO!

We'll see, she still has time to change her mind again, afterall, she is 13. But I'm getting excitement and spark here, and it's been lacking :)

Still at this age they don't know what they want. My daughter last year (12) wanted to go to school. Thankfully this coming year the school will be closing their 7th and 8th grade and going to our local ps is NOT an option. So she is coming back home.

She secretly told me that she was happy that she is coming back home.

I would wait it out and let your daughter have fun with her new friends. My girls learned that really they weren't missing out on much by being homeschooled.

Granted to do like their school they admit they like being homeschooled instead.

My girls learned that really they weren't missing out on much by being homeschooled.

Granted to do like their school they admit they like being homeschooled instead.

Oh, I agree, it is fine that she returns to school, I have no issues with it, she'll do fine either way, but she didn't want to go back to the same school where her friends were.

It is my opinion, that if a simple curriculum swayed her decision, then she really wasn't that keen on going back to school.