Menu

Apologia lapbooks. Which one do you prefer?

mama27

I'm guessing that the two companies you are referring to are Live and Learn and Knowledge box central. A journey through learning now has some too.

I have used the L&L ones and liked them OK. We tried the samples of KBC and they weren't for us. AJTL is just new so I haven't used their Apologia ones but they are my favourite source of purchased lapbooks on other topics.

But better than all of those we like the free ones that Jessica made. I'm not sure if all of hers are still accessable but here is the link to the astronomy ones http://www.hslaunch.com/mypage/profile/745

We decided to 'try' the Zoology one from L&L...we printed out the one for Chapter 2 and are going to give it a shot but I don't know how much we should read/do for a lesson...

I'd like to know also if there are links to a free one for the Zoology ones..

We are doing Knowledge Box Central for astronomy right now, and it is driving me bonkers. I have to look at three or four sections of paper to figure out what to print, when, and what to do once it's printed, and I have to scroll through the ENTIRE pdf to find the printables I need for that lesson. I don't think it's very well organized at all :(.

Next time around I think I'll try AJTL. They have the BIG lapbooks though - one folder for EACH lesson (yes, that means up to 14 folders full of mini-books!), so you want to make sure your children really, really dig lapbooks.

I know 2 companies sell these. Which one do you like best?

We like Live and Learn Press - have only used them for General Science, but my daughter really liked it. Easy to use and I liked that they went onto cardstock and 3-hole punched into a binder - convenient for carting around and reviewing.

I'd like to know also if there are links to a free one for the Zoology ones..

There used to be free ones on the yahoo group "Notebooking to learn science" but the group no longer exists. You could try joining the yahoo group "Elementary Apologia Science" as they have a lot of files for each of the books.