Menu

Started CLE, and loving it!

mommy4ever

We ordered the full set for dd7. It is going good. It's almost right where she is, so this is good. She was in a french school, so she hadn't any english LA instruction until I brought her home. So we've made good progress! She loves it! She is so sweet when it comes to the stories, which include God in them. She adores this curriculum. I'm happy as she enjoys doing it. It introduces many things. We are still doing AAS with it though, I'll never give it up!

I'm very curious about the reading program. Anyone know it?

We started with the Reading program, and I liked it so much I ordered the LA program. We also needed some extra practice in math, so I ordered one math Light Unit to check it out, and we did the first lesson in that today. I really love CLE! It is nice to find something that is so academically solid and yet also very affordable.

The Reading program seems very good. We're using the 400 level right now, and she's flying through it and enjoying it so we're going to try to complete the 500 level this year as well so that she will be on grade level in every subject next year. The stories are very sweet, with a strong moral message, always related to or based upon a scripture.

Thank you for that! I'm thinking it'll be good.

Since we started homeschooling, dd7 has asked alot of questions about God because we're doing a bible study. I use the scope and sequence from http://www.positiveaction.org I started her with the grade 1, and started at the beginning, in Genesis. I'm learning alot too! I have 12 years Catholic Schooling and we never touched on most of what we've looked at. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. There is so much more that I was ever taught!

LOL...side track here... we were doing dishes and we were discussing the fact that the flood came and Noah was 600 years old, that boggles the mind. And that Abraham was 90 when he started fathering (more?) children. That led a whole other discussion, but it was lively and fun. All of us are learning and having fun. DS17 adds alot of 'interesting' facts to the discussion, gotta love teenage boys.

Ok, back on topic...

When we did the samples from the CLE LA, and there were a couple little stories that include God, she was hooked. I like the fact that there are character building, morals, and bible facts! It is fabulous, the curriculum is great and those other things are a true blessing!

Since we started homeschooling, dd7 has asked alot of questions about God because we're doing a bible study.

My daughter and I just recently became Christians. She has so many questions, ones that I can't always answer, and she really prompts me to learn and grow and consider things more deeply. Sometimes I feel that God put her here to be my teacher as much as He put me here to be hers. :001_smile:

We just switched to CLE reading, math, LA and bible for my youngers. The reading program is awesome, and if you like the style of their other subjects, you'll like this too. Even w/out the workbook, the stories are great, but the workbooks really give their comprehension skills a workout.

Greta, welcome to the family. :)

Love CLE. We used their reading , LA and Math

My oldest had a tough time with the randomness of the math. She liked it but it just didn't work well for her. She is a stick to one concept at a tiime kind of kid.

I love the reading program. Their reading program is the best I've ever used. I've used lots of curriculum as well.

I plan on using it again with my daughter when she comes home.

I also plan on using the LA with her again as well. The LA is spiral like the math. It made sense to her to learn LA that way.

The two that I plan on sticking with is the LA and Reading for her. I wish I could with the math. I really like it a lot. Just didn't work for her though.